• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Website Review Please

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 seoisgod

seoisgod

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 03:16 PM

General
Is this site completed or under construction? Completed

If completed:
How long has the site been up? 6 Months

SEO
Do you have incoming links? Ive added link to about 100 directories and have 2 recipiol links with other simialar sites and am using adsense

What keywords are you targeting? Woodburning Stoves, Multi Fuel Stoves, Woodburner, Stoves

Do you want your code reviewed for errors or improvements? Yes Please!

Marketing
Who is your target audience? Think about: Target audiance I guess is people who own large farm houses or lots of land generally the older generation who grew up with Woodburning stoves

The more you tell us about your target audience, the better. We don't know them- you do!

Why is your site different from sites selling/offering similar info/goods/services? Why will someone want to do business you? Better discounts than most other sites, I hope clear website with good descriptions

How important is usability? Very

What is the purpose of the site? (inform, sell, online community, support B&M business, contact info only, etc) Sell and inform of our products, give as much information as possible as we are internet only

Design
Do you want design suggestions? why not, its a control panel though so i dont have complete control over the design of the template

the site is http://www.woodburnerwarehouse.co.uk

#2 Shlomo

Shlomo

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 12:51 AM

Though I'm new to SEO
I find that this warehouse site is built well.
The structure is appropriate.
The site gives good bonuses, like free delivery.

#3 Ignoramus

Ignoramus

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 01:44 PM

I like your site.

Well presented, easy navigation, good photographs, handy information.

A couple of small niggles like drop-down option boxes which only have one option but perhaps that's planning for the future.

I wonder if you are limiting yourself with your target market....

Target audiance I guess is people who own large farm houses or lots of land generally the older generation who grew up with Woodburning stoves...

I have two wood-burning stoves but no large farm house and I didn't grow up with them. They are not installed to provide heating or hot water. They are there because on a cold winters night you can dim the lights, pour a glass of wine, and have a snug conversation while the cats curl up in front of the fire.

Stoves are not simply functional. They are a 'lifestyle' thing as well. Remember those wonderful 'come home to a real fire' advertisements ?

At the moment all your page titles focus on variations of the keyword 'stoves'. Which implies people are already looking for a stove. There could be room for some more imaginative keyword phrases and evocative copy.

Still - nice site !

#4 seoisgod

seoisgod

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 07:53 AM

thanks for the feeback,

Any ideas on how I can ary the keywords? how exactly do you mean?

cheers for current feedback

#5 Ignoramus

Ignoramus

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE(woodburner_warehouse @ Nov 5 2007, 12:53 PM) View Post
thanks for the feeback,

Any ideas on how I can ary the keywords? how exactly do you mean?

cheers for current feedback

Well, a fairly obvious one is to have some page title keyword phrases and copy which include the word 'fire' or 'fires'.

"Home fires"
"Hearth fires"
"Real fires"
"Fires for the home"
"Living room fires"
"Wood burning fires"

That sort of thing. There must be lots of others beside fire(s).

Of course, if you use a phrase like 'home fires' or 'real fires' both the paid and organic listings will show a raft of sites concerned with acccidents/safety/security. Try a few and see for yourself.

On the other hand, I did a Google (UK) search on 'home fires' and the second listing in the organic results was for a South African company offering similar products to your own. Lots of the Adwords ads also had similar products.

Your challenge is to pick phrases which potential stove buyers might use. You will have to experiment and use keyword tools to find the best ones. Have a look at the results and learn from other peoples ideas

#6 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,636 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 03:12 PM

Just throwin' out a couple of random ideas...

Maybe also try the word "fireplace." At least in the US, you'll get fewer fire-safety sites.

Yeah, I know technically a stove isn't a fireplace (although they can be installed in a fireplace, I believe), but people who are searching for one might actually find out they're interested in the other once they read up a bit more on it. Maybe an article or two on the advantages of stoves over "traditional" fireplaces, maybe another one comparing the benefits of installing a stove in your fireplace versus fitting it with one of those decorative fireplace inserts, might help both rankings and sales. smile.gif

--Torka mf_prop.gif

#7 seoisgod

seoisgod

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 02:58 AM

Hey guys thanks for the feedback,

I will create a information guide as to what the differences and advantages to a fireplace and a stove is etc and load it with anchor text etc and link to other pages. Ive done quite a few guides on there already with other topics.

Also with regards to getting the phrases "fireplaces2 etc in. Would you reccommend putting it in the meta tag keyword/Description or trying to get some anhor text on the page some where?

cheers

Edited by woodburner_warehouse, 06 November 2007 - 03:18 AM.

#8 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,636 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 08:46 AM

META keyword tag gets very little weight. Many SEs don't even bother indexing it.

META description will help with snippets that appear in the SEs and might help with rankings, but isn't a major factor.

If you want to rank for a phrase, you need for it to appear in your on-page text and in the anchor text of links pointing to that page. These links can be from your internal site navigation or from pages on other sites.

--Torka mf_prop.gif

#9 seoisgod

seoisgod

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 10:33 AM

ok so all i need to do is have the keywords in the paragraph and a anchortext pointing to that page from yahoo groups and other blogs etc?

#10 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,636 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 12:08 PM

Well, that's how to get started at least. It depends on how competitive the phrase is as to whether that's going to be all you need.

--Torka mf_prop.gif

#11 seoisgod

seoisgod

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 03:00 AM

ok thank you, thats certainly a start smile.gif just to try and get those phrases i now without making it sound wrong if that makes sense smile.gif

its quite a competitive market nowadays although there seems to be about 4-5 big players in the market. us being one of them but we are the newest, we seem to be moving up the ranks for certain phrases like woodburning stoves etc, but have stopped at around top of second page

#12 kemot20

kemot20

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 07:25 PM

As far as on-page optimization, site does not impress, I can point at least 10 whing I would do different, here's 3 of them:

1) not all images have alt tags
2) picture naming
3) home page keyword dentisity

Welcome in seo world smile.gif

#13 seoisgod

seoisgod

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 06:09 AM

care to expand on that? so i should name all the picuture relevantly.

what is wrong with the keyword density on homepage? could you let me know what im doing wrong there please smile.gif

#14 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,008 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 09:06 AM

I haven't actually looked at the site, but these things mentioned by kemot20 are not important:

1) not all images have alt tags
2) picture naming
3) home page keyword dentisity

#15 geronimo

geronimo

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 01:54 PM

I like the site.

It seems to be relevant to the keywords and right to the point.

Design looks neat too.

I am here to learn about SEO, so not much I can say there except it's good that the pages have SEO friendly uris.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!