• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Review For Www.50dollarbeat.com

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Conspicuous

Conspicuous

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 03:29 PM

I'll throw my two cents in about a couple things:

You should really think about expanding your pages. Your internal linking structure is only going to take you so far. Having Rap Beats, Hip Hop Beat, Rap Instrumentals, and Hip Hop Instrumentals all link to the same page isn't going to really help you rank for those terms because the page the link to only has the term rap beats on it. Why not have a page for each of those terms? Then you can have unique titles and content for each of them.

I noticed that all (at least the 6 or 7 I checked out) your graphics are larger sized images that you've made appear smaller on the page by use of the width/height attributes of the img tag. Even though it's smaller on the page, the visitor's browser has to load the full sized image, meaning your pages are taking longer to load than they need to. This may not be a big deal for people with broadband, but it becomes a very big usability problem for somebody with dial-up. If they're waiting for a page to load, they may decide to look elsewhere. Learn how to use an image editing program to optimize the images to the size you want them to appear.

Additionally, using copyrighted images with a watermark on them (Club Beats) looks unprofessional and opens you up to having a copyright holder coming after you. If your site gets taken down by your host because of a DMCA complaint, you won't matter where you show up in SERPs.

#17 Yannis

Yannis

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 02:05 AM

QUOTE(Copywriter39 @ Sep 20 2007, 02:10 AM) View Post
I looked on Google Adwords Tool and they show rap beats for sale as being just as popular as rap beats. And this is a better phrase to be ranked for, as it shows the consumer is further along in the buying process.

I also used Google Adwords tool to verify what Copywriter39 has written above, but my research brought different results:
rap beats - exact phrase match: 33,000 | broad match: 90,000
rap beats for sale - exact phrase match: 590 / broad match: 880

Am I doing something wrong?

#18 thetraveler

thetraveler

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:06 PM

As for your seo, it really sounds like you need to work on you links the most. Setting the seo aside, you also need to sell to your visitors once they arrive at your site. That means quality page script.

The page script could be written better for a human eye and to direct your customers where you want to them to go. Your visitors already know if they are mc's or if they want the best hip hop beats. In other words, they already know what they are looking for so they don't need you asking them anything. besides it just sounds too pitchy. So instead of:

Are you a MC looking for high quality rap beats for your album or demo?
Do you want to find the best hip hop beats and rap beats online?
If the answer is yes, then you've come to the right place!
All Rap beats are sequenced with verses/hooks and ready for recording.

WE ARE NOW UPDATING WITH NEW RAP BEATS EVERY WEEK!!!
The rap music beats found here are some of the best quality available on the web because they are made with cutting edge drum machines, keyboards, samplers, compressors, and EQs...

It could be something like:

The Highest Quality Rap Beats Gauranteed
Our rap beats are the best quality you'll find because they are made with cutting edge drum machines, keyboards, samplers, compressors, and EQ's. These rap beats are also sequenced with verses/hooks and ready for recording.
Check out our rap beats, hip hop beats, rap instrumentals, and hip hop instrumentals.

The underlined words are the links to those pages. I used rap beats the same number of times you did, but it is less wordy and guides your customers where you want them to go... to your store. In my experience, the less wordy and more to the point you make your script and the more direction you put into it, the more likely people are to click through to your store.

Work with the rest of your script in that fashion and you will only be doing positives for your conversions.

#19 Arye

Arye

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:58 PM

Hi,

The design is very poor for a hip-hop website that potentially could be a very powerful playing field. For example, the typography for your logo is very unimaginative and some of the photos look stretched.

Leao

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.