• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Review Request

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#46 1dmf

1dmf

Keep Asking, Keep Questioning, Keep Learning

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:49 AM

Do you have dynamic stock level links to your various showrooms?

#47 scouseflip

scouseflip

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:34 AM

Not as such - the showrooms do not hold stock except for display purposes. Orders are taken from the showrooms, over the telephone, or (on some of the bottom to mid end products) on a separate website. We have a central H/O and warehouse that handles the order fulfilment and after sales so stock info is centralised.

We hold stocks of all the frames of the furniture, but the cushions are made to order (too many options to hold stock) so we are very rarely out of stock of anything, but there is almost always at least a 2 week wait for the cushions to arrive. On the occasion that someone orders something we are waiting for we try to work with the customer to come to a c onclusion that suits all (whether it be delaying the delivery or substituting the items, or even splitting the order with the OOS items sent out when they arrive. =It's vert rare that we lose an order over stocking.

We have the potential to set up a service on our internal servers (websites hosted by 3rd party) that would allow live stock info to be displayed but it would require a huge amount of work due to the complicated nature of our internal product database. Thus far I have not been able to justify the work/time it would need as the only benefit I could think of would be to generate urgency on our ecommerce site, if customres can see there are only a few items left in stock. Am I missing a trick here?

#48 1dmf

1dmf

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:40 AM

Not necesarily, but most ecommerce sites do provide at least 'in stock', 'out of stock' , 'ordered upon request' etc. type info.

If it was something easy you could intergrate it might be worth while, but if it's too much work, then it might not be cost effective.

i can't see anywhere you have a 'buy now' button or 'add to basket', so it might not be relevant.

Though I Couldn't see one, so perhaps an extra 'Our Order Process' info page might help.

#49 scouseflip

scouseflip

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:17 AM

From the feedback, it seems that the site presents itself too much as a transactional one when really its just info and brochure request...

Seems I need to make this more clear and your suggestion of an order process page is a really good one. I'll work on bringing in a message along the lines of "Want to place an order?" that will link to a page (or lightbox) explaining how we operate and I'll throw in a brochure request form for good measure!

Actually your point is also directly relevant to changes I'm making to another site at the moment which works in the same way... I've just done similar here based on your suggestions (see the red/pink box in the attached)

[attachment=971:new_hh_p..._layout2.jpg]

Thanks for the help!

#50 1dmf

1dmf

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 04:43 AM

I'll work on bringing in a message along the lines of "Want to place an order?" that will link to a page (or lightbox) explaining how we operate and I'll throw in a brochure request form for good measure!
spot on scouseflip appl.gif

That example, is clear, easy to see and stops people getting frustrated trying to work out how the helll they buy something from the site, this should help with drop of rates and conversions.

Keep up the great work, i have seen your site go from strength to strength over the last year, i hope you are starting to see ROI from your hard work?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
On a side note, regarding your signature : Does the one in my head count? mf_laughbounce.gif

#51 scouseflip

scouseflip

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:21 AM

Cheers! Very nice to hear that kind of feedback! :embarrassed

I'll get the same feature added to the justdine.com site asap and obviously I'll keep an eye on GA for both sites.

My personal sites (or thise I make for clients outside of my day job) have been working well , but it's a tricky one with the performance of the various sites I work on for my employer. The Just Dine one has no budget and was just a personal project - it did start generating some decent sales at the peak of it's life but was neglected for around 18 months and positions slipped badly. With this redesign I'm planning to give it some much needed tlc and hope to get it back up there, especially with a whole new set of KW's to go after!

The other site (i.e. the one in above screen shot) is our main site which has a hefty PPC budget behind it and which has done ok in the organic listings without much in the way of SEO (though we are working on this side more now). But the PPC has been pushed by increased competition and the economic climate in general... it's all added to a higher CPC and we have lost some volume by setting CPA caps. Need to give the slipping conversion a kick so I can get the volume back - i.e. if we're converting more then the CPA drops and the restrictions do not impact the positions as much.

We have a hunch that the problem has been that we have been stuck in our old mindset - keep certain bits of info up our sleeve (e.g. prices, full product listings etc) to encourage people to reqest the brochure. I think people will now simply find this frustrating - they want to research online and we are not making that possible. Hence I'm adding more info to that site and am bringing in the 'Request A Quote" message (simple for with open text area for quote requirements) - this will be developed over next couple of months into what will almost be an ecommerce solution but which we actually submit a quote request which we will follow up by email within 24 hours and by post within 48 hours (and hopefully also by phone where we get a number). Hopefully the added info and interaction will engage the visitors and we can get things working much more smoothly going forward!

Thanks again for the feedback!

P.S. Re: the sig, I hope so cos otherwise the one in my own head won;t count either, and he is a nightmare to live with when he is angry! tongue.gif

#52 ifandesign

ifandesign

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:49 AM

Personally I really like the colour themes you have going on here. I'm also a fan of layouts along "invisible lines" - only slight tweaks I'd make would be the footer area, scrolling down the page things align left and right really neatley until reaching the footer where it kicks out left and right approx 10px wider each side - kind of creates a visual step and breaks the clean line you had - could also move dining furniture,.... etc in header to the right just a little, again to complete the clean invisible verticle align.
Regards Tony

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!