1) Check if it has a good PR
2) Check if it regularly indexed by Google
3) Choose the right category
4) Then Choose a regular link option
5) Once you've submitted, check if you are already in the list
I am currious I submitted my game site to 500 directorys most of them with "nofollow" tags does this still effect the link credit? I btw have poor ranking by this now. I found deep linking on a solid pr site raises you alot but what criteria do we look for anymore pr is fading out and now the new thing is "alexa" rating or traffic rating. I find you cant go wrong with traffic anyone can link but to link from a site with traffic is the best. I would like to know what you think?
Also could we maybe get some insides on what are the top 10 directorys if we do want to submit to?