• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Dmoz Guarantee Google?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 donaldcroswell

donaldcroswell

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 03:33 AM

Hello All
I was wondering if you are listed in DMOZ, does that mean you will get spidered by the search engines?
Thanks Guys and Gals ;)

#2 Mel

Mel

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 04:36 AM

Yes Donald, a listing in DMOZ will normally get you spidered by all the search engines, and will get you a listing in the Google directory.

The only problem is that it can often take some time to get that DMOZ listing, so you might want to consider submitting your pages to the search engines while waiting.

#3 donaldcroswell

donaldcroswell

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 05:10 AM

Thanks Mel

OK so once I am in Google from my DMOZ listing, how often do the pages get spidered? If I add a link to my other sites, will they be spidered by google too?

Anotherwords, once you have a good ranking in Google, can you get your other pages spidered quicker through just putting a link on your own page?

Since I am assuming that Jill has a good ranking for SEO in Google, does this mean that this forum will soon be spidered because of the links on her Highranking site? (even though this is really part of the HighRankings site itself)

Thanks again Mel
Cheers ;)

#4 markymark

markymark

HR 4

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 06:38 AM

This forum is already being spidered by Google. And yes, if you link from one site in Google to another site, then Googlebot will follow that link and spider that site as well.

#5 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,959 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 07:13 AM

Yes, a dmoz listing will get Google and all the search engines to spider you. But so will a link from any page that is already in Google's index.

And yes, this forum is already being spidered by Google, and at least by Inktomi also. Possibly other engines.

Jill

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!