• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Yahoo Showing Pages I Do Not Have

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 SERPico

SERPico

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 12:39 PM

You shouldn't see it in the source code. It all happens before the <html> tag is even written, so the redirect triggers at the server level before anything else is sent. wink1.gif

Yep, i see what you mean.
As far as the rest, the other bogus pages won't get dropped immediately, but they will eventually. The 301 is effectively telling any spider that hits them that they no longer exist and have been replaced by your real index page.

Forget about even checking it for 4-6 months, then check back. By then the engines should have had an opportunity to catch up and correct things on their end.

I see, well kind of rough start for me then regarding the SEO aspect with the launch of the new website.
Lesson learned for the next project i will be doing.

Always do a site:www.domain.com check first and see if there aren't any strange pages being indexed already.

By the way, i just noticed an email i got back from Yahoo Webmaster Support.

The response i got was probably done by a bot or something since it was totally irrelevant to my email where i described the situation.
A bit dissapointing i must say.

Thanks once again for your help Randy thumbup1.gif

#17 Turk

Turk

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 04:17 PM

I have another idea.
I've read the topic fast so if I missed the same answer... Pardon me.

I have the same issue. As I search query 'site:www.mysite.com', it returns with a link I never put there smile.gif
Such as www.mysite.com/?ref=Guzels.TV
My website has only 5 pages.
Recently I'd added a javascript to my site for customers to followup the new content. And google started to turn this link in addition to my older queries.

I started doing seo for my site a few weeks ago. Most of the time I read pages and download PDFs of course censored.gif
This extra link doesn't bother me at all. I believe it comes from that site which I added the 'follow up' option.
More over my rank increased '+1' since I added the script.

I'm not a PHP guy at all. Hope this helps.
I can give you my address if you want to check whether I'm right or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.