I could use your advice. I have written a book, which I am about to sell on US/UK markets from februari.
I am a European marketeer and did extensive research on US markets and created a strategy for selling my book.
For your information: it is a marketing-checklist-manager with over 550 marketing-checklists and 800 pages. It covers 20 marketing-main-subjects. The German Website is [http://www.marketing-checkliste.de] (I don't think you read german, but you have an impression :-)
To sell my book I consider two things I have two strategies in mind:
I don't know to follow one-strategy, or do both together or both separate.
- having a strategy to give away the e-book (with salestracking) and then track sales
- having a strategy to do direct sales of the book (800 pages)
- us website
- emailmarketing, we have different lists different prices: do tests with minimum of 10000 - non response tests - targeted on
- seo: 5000-10000 keywords optimized
- google adwords/overture
- pr: sending press releases to 60 countries & I have someone calling magazines for coorporations .. they can publish
the checklists in there media in exchange for promotion .. book reviews by 'famous' writers.
- affiliate systems
- e-newsletter advertising
- hand submission to 5000 directories
- using a blog as an instrument
- Guerilla: forums/chats.. using my signature (see below)
- Buying targeted traffic
- Reciprocal linkbuilding
- 468x60 targetted banner advertising
- .. and later offline media such as Direct Mail, Business TV and others
I would very much like you look at my strategy and give scomments on my strategy.
Maybe you have new idea's and instruments that could add.
Thanks from Switserland/Richard
[URLs deleted, please create a signature as per our guidelines.]
Edited by Jill, 31 December 2003 - 12:11 PM.