• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Break It Up!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 copywriter

copywriter

HR 7

• 1,856 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 07:25 PM

I often get people who complain about search engine copywriting sounding too "stiff." The problem, so it seems, is that longer keyphrases sound too stuffy used in their exact sequence over and over again.

What can you do? Break it up.

One client I did had a phrase he wanted used that I almost choked over. It was "Texas hill country real estate." Geezz!

Here's how I handled it on his "Tips" page... [partial copy]

When looking for apartments in the Texas Hill Country, real estate experts can offer some excellent tips to make your search easier and more productive.

Know What You Want – There are lots of options available for apartments in the Texas Hill Country. Real estate agents suggest using the same “wish list” concept for apartments as you would for house hunting. Make a list of amenities and order them by priority. When you look for an apartment, you’ll be able to easily refer to your list and check off which units offered what.

Make Use of the Internet – Yes, we’d love for you to search for your apartment using our free site. But we’re not the only ones who think using the Internet is a smart choice. To save time and money during the search stage Texas Hill Country real estate agents strongly recommend taking advantage of the Web to find properties and narrow your list.

By breaking the long keyphrase up with commas and other punctuation, it helped the copy flow better.

I'm always looking for neat tricks to make copy more appealing to both the engines and the visitors. Got tips? Share with us!

#2 market seeker

market seeker

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 07:39 PM

If makes thing sooo much nicer when there are 3-4 line paragraphs. Nothing I hate worse than try to read one long paragraph.

Nice job Karen, that's why you get the big bucks though

#3 darciusrex

darciusrex

hard on things

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 12:26 PM

omg! That's genius! :propeller: It's simplicity is beautiful! You definitely deserve the title "copywriter"! Thank you so much!

#4 copywriter

copywriter

HR 7

• 1,856 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 12:44 PM

Well, thank you <blushing>

You can also do this (below). It comes from a law site. Search term is Sexual harrassment articles.

And did you know employers can be held vicariously liable for sexual harassment?”

Articles
on disabilities, employee benefits, family & medical leave, hiring...

As long as the phrase stays in sequence, you can "pretty much" do anything you want.

#5 sheriw

sheriw

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 12:45 PM

Karen,
I agree with your approach, that's exactly how I handle this same problem when faced with it. Because first and foremost, copy must sound natural, or the most "keyrich dense" content will fail.

Sheri

#6 Denyse

Denyse

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 12:46 PM

What great tips Copywriter - I'll put that into my copy asap

Denyse

#7 copywriter

copywriter

HR 7

• 1,856 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 12:49 PM

You are exactly right. That's why you have to keep your thinking hat :propeller: on when you write SEO copy.

Far too many times have I received an email saying, "HELP! I have great rankings, but my sales suck!" They are focusing only on getting ranked, but not on what happens when the visitor actually gets to the site.

Here's some info you might also find useful:

http://www.ktamarket...es_mystery.html

Karon

#8 Toadally

Toadally

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 August 2003 - 08:56 PM

Karon-
What if you ended your sentence with one (keyword). (keyword) started the next with it? Not a phrase.

#9 copywriter

copywriter

HR 7

• 1,856 posts

Posted 10 August 2003 - 12:38 PM

Are you talking about 2 separate keywords (just as an example, milk and coke)? And doing this?

Nothing is more nutritionally valuable than milk. Coke, however, tastes much better.

That's fine, too.

Edited by copywriter, 16 August 2003 - 04:04 PM.

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!