• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Help?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jodi

Jodi

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 05:20 PM

Hi guys. I'm really hoping someone around here can help me with this.

Lately, I haven't been able to use the "view source" function in my Internet Explorer 6.0. It's not that the function isn't available, it's that when I try to use it, nothing happens. It's driving me MAD. I need this in order to work properly - especialy when I'm speaking with someone quickly over the phone who's wanting some thoughts on what I might be able to do for his site.

ARG. I've tried looking all over the Microsoft site, but I'm sure we all know what MINEfield THAT is. :whip:

Anyone out there run across this problem before?

Help would be greatly appreciated!

All the best,

--Jodi

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 05:29 PM

I can help! :whip:

Clear your IE cache and you will again be able to view source!

Also, set the cache to not hold quite so many megabytes so that it won't happen again in the future.

Hope this helps!

Jill

#3 Jodi

Jodi

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 05:48 PM

Ahhh. You mean the history of web pages I've visited? It was set for 20 days... I set it to 5 instead and cleared the history. I also set the space allowed for storing temporary pages, to 1 MB instead of the 1200 or some odd it was set at. It did seem to work. :)

This is a new machine and I haven't had to worry about this previously (had my old machine since November 1999! Just recently upgraded).

Thank you! :whip: (If there were a couple of smilies giving each other chocolate, I'd use that instead. :P )

--Jodi

Edited by Jodi, 07 August 2003 - 05:54 PM.

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 05:57 PM

I also set the space allowed for storing temporary pages, to 1 MB instead of the 1200 or some odd it was set at. It did seem to work.

Yep, that was the problem. There was a question once in my newsletter about this. The person thought that EVERY site was now cloaking, because she couldn't view their source! :P

I told her that wasn't what was happening, but at the time, I didn't know how to solve her problem. She had some techie at her company look and he figured out that she just needed to reset the cache, and wrote me back to tell me. That knowledge has come in handy many times since then, as it seems to crop up a lot for some people. The default storage must be set too high on most browsers.

:whip:

Jill

#5 Jodi

Jodi

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 06:02 PM

Yup. Sounds like it. I got this IE with the machine when I purchased it, so didn't pay attention to things like that. I definitely should have! But BOY that was becoming annoying. And looking through the Microsoft site was rather less than helpful. :whip:

I'll have to remember this in case someone else comes up against the problem. I guess we all have to learn the hard way sometimes, huh? :P

All the best,

--Jodi

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.