Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?
More SEO Content
Publicity Via Forums
Posted 17 October 2006 - 08:51 AM
I would like to know more specific answers from the experts on the following:
- The benefits of using forums
- In what way such forums can be used for publicity
- How much of time we would need to spend on the forums per day (for site promotion)
thanks for your time.
Posted 17 October 2006 - 09:13 AM
- You have something worth saying and are knowlegeable about the topic or willing to ask useful questions
- You can spell and use decent grammar
- You really love posting and interacting with people
(However limiting yourself is a very good idea as entire days can slip away from you...)
As for "using" forums for publicity... it's usually frowned upon and self-promotion is easily spotted - if it's not removed by moderators it's even worse as the other members can usually see through the ruse.
The best way to get clients, business, subscribers (whatever you are looking for) from a forum is to NOT focus on doing business on the forum.
Be helpful, be knowledgeable, be a part of the community. People can tell when you are posting because you love the topic and it will naturally translate into more business as time goes on.
But it's not a quick fix or a good "strategy" if it's all about you.
Posted 17 October 2006 - 09:18 AM
You can normally spot a mile off the people who have a hidden agenda in forums, as they are too eager to steer the conversation towards their services
Posted 17 October 2006 - 09:38 AM
My personal list of good reasons to post at a professional forum like this (as opposed to a hobby type forum):
- to demonstrate expertise and credibility
- to network (I have on a couple occasions approached people from this forum to help on projects because I had learned about their expertise and credibility in areas I am weak)
- to ask questions and learn
- to bring some socialization to an otherwise lonesome career
I am sure there are other good reasons; these are just mine. And there are other great ways to benefit from a forum like this that do not involve posting.
Posted 17 October 2006 - 09:54 AM
You will find that if you become an outstanding member that contributes substance and treats others with respect, that you will promote yourself and site without actually trying.
People who do come to forums only to promote themselves are easily spotted and create a bad reputation for themselves.
Posted 17 October 2006 - 10:58 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users