• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Is This Spam?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
47 replies to this topic

#46 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,929 posts

Posted 10 August 2003 - 03:47 PM

Firstly, my name is Stephen. How could that ever lead to speculation that my gender is female? I am indeed a MAN.

Yes, indeed. My mistake. Assuming that IS your real name.

Look, Stephen. I've been around forums for many, many years. It's very easy to spot trouble makers. Your very first post and the subsequent ones were obviously working up to being a set up to somehow "out" my spammy ways. You know it, I know it, and everyone else reading here knows it.

So, please, let's not pretend that it was anything else, okay?

Now that that is out of the way, I will address the rest of your post:

Secondly, where do you get off calling me ignorant for simply asking a question?

You also know that's not what I did. You called me a spammer. And if you believe that commenting out html code on my page so that I can refer back to it later, is spam, then I'm sorry, but you are ignorant. Especially since I had already explained this to you in a few of the previous posts. For whatever reason, you don't choose to understand that, and preferred to call me a spammer. Fine, call me a spammer, but don't expect me to agree with you.

You are providing incorrect information here by claiming that commenting out html code can get one penalized and I will not have incorrect information being posted here without letting everyone know that it's incorrect.

Thirdly, I did not come here to stir up trouble as your obviously paranoid remarks suggest. I came here to ask a few questions because we are trying to make an informed decision when choosing to hire an SEO for our company web site.

Yes, I'm sure that's true. Go tell it to someone who's just got on the Net today, or who just fell off the turnip truck. Don't insult everyone's intelligence who's reading this. It was obvious from the start what you were up to, and the climax came out just as you had planned! Too bad your entire premise was wrong! It would have worked out much better for you if I was really using spam techniques on my site! Oh well...maybe next time.

What lies Jill? That code was taken right from your page. Now that's a lie too?

The lies are that commenting out html code can cause someone to be penalized or banned. It's wrong, and it's an untruth.

If someone would like to show me and the rest of the folks here where someone has been penalized for commenting out their HTML code, I'd absolutely, positively love to see it!

So Stephen, or whatever your name is, please crawl back under your rock and find someone else who actually spams the search engines to "out." Okay? Because quite frankly, I've had enough of your silly games for one day.

Jill

#47 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,929 posts

Posted 10 August 2003 - 03:49 PM

In Bernard's defense, the quote you've got there is his opinion of the article cited at the beginning of the thread, not the comment thing.

Oops! Sorry about that! I came back to the thread after being off the computer, and saw the wrong posts.

My apologies to Bernard!

Jill

#48 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,929 posts

Posted 10 August 2003 - 03:55 PM

And on that note, I believe there's no further use for this thread, and I think I will close it.

Jill

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!