• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Million Dollar Linking Strategy

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#1 Keith

Keith

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 11:01 AM

We all know that the quality of links matter.

We also know that page ranked sites carry a fraction of their page rank to the site they are linking to.

Here's a strategy to have a PR8 site link back to YOU, without you begging ;-)

Strategy:

Visit and signup at http://www.freefind.com

Let it index your site.

Grap the URL to the sitemap and link it to your site.

Now, not only do you have a sitemap for free, it's hosted on a PR8 site.

Whenever Googlebot spiders findfree.com, it will find your site and spider yours as well, taking into consideration where that link came from.

Keith

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,940 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 11:12 AM

Welcome, Keith! :rolleyes:

Could you explain this a bit more. I don't get how this works. Is it some sort of link farm? Is this your site? Are the pages where your link will reside PR8 or something else?

Thanks!

Jill

#3 Keith

Keith

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 11:24 AM

Hi Jill,

This is no way a link farm :-)

This is not my site.

Actually, the purpose of the site is to add a search enigine to your site. I (and a few select others) found a better use for them.

That use is for pure linking.

I have a 100 other unique, not widely know, linking strategies as well. I'll post them periodically.

Keith

#4 Bernard

Bernard

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 11:53 AM

Grap the URL to the sitemap and link it to your site.

Now, not only do you have a sitemap for free, it's hosted on a PR8 site.

You lost me here. Does this site allow you to post a link to your site on their site? Which page is the link found on? I looked at their site map and didn't see links outside of their site.

Also, the PR that is important is the PR of the page that links to you, not the site. Which page is the one that you are adding your link to?

#5 Keith

Keith

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 11:58 AM

Actually, your take thier code and post it on your site. While you may think thay you are linking to them (since your posting their code on your site), in fact, every page they index is on theirs, pointing back to you.

You are correct, the PR of the page is important. But since their site is dynamic, you will still gain the advantage of their PR.

Keith

#6 Scottie

Scottie

Psycho Mom

• Admin
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 12:10 PM

Huh?

How does posting their code on your site make it "on theirs"? I am totally lost.

#7 Keith

Keith

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 12:13 PM

Because they index your site and host that on their site.

Let's break this down.

If you have 100 pages, all linked together. Free find will use your starting point (index) and spider all of your pages, thus creating a sitemap. This sitemap is maintanied on their server, this creating 100 links back to your site, 1 for each page.

By posting their code back to their server on your page, you are creating an easily nagivatable sitemap for your site for your visitors.

Keith

#8 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,940 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 12:24 PM

Sounds like just another scheme to try to trick the search engines to me. Which means I cannot recommend it to people.

Please be careful listening to this sort of advice as it could be more detrimental to your search engine rankings, then helpful.

Any time something is a quick fix or seems too good to be true, it probably is. Please avoid any type of linking scheme at all costs to be on the safe side.

Jill

#9 Bernard

Bernard

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 02:37 PM

Keith, could you post the url of a sitemap hosted by that site for another site? Or an example of a link on a site pointing to such a sitemap?

#10 Keith

Keith

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 02:50 PM

Sure, I consult for this site, so I'm sure it's ok.

http://www.VisionGatePortal.com

Scroll down to the bottom to the word 'Membership Software' and click on it. That will take you to the sitemap. Btw, get extra points for using your primary keyword to link to this sitemap ;-)

If your wondering how this is working. The site is now ranked 40,701 in Alexa and a PR4 in Google.

Keith

#11 Bernard

Bernard

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 04:43 PM

OK. Now I see.

As suspected, the sitemap is *not* on a PR8 page. It's on a PR4 page for the example you listed if my flaky toolbar is to be believed. I noticed that the sitemap contains some ads on it. I guess one has to live with that?

Am I correct in assuming that freefind.com does not link to any of these sitemaps? Is the PR for the sitemap page coming *from* the domain it is mapping? (And sending PR from there back to freefind.com?)

#12 Keith

Keith

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 04:55 PM

The PR on Findfree is 8, the PR on the sitemap is indeed 4 (considering it was just created a few weeks ago, not bad).

The site map is hosted on FindFree's server and links back to the page it generated the map for.

Yes, the free service has ads. Not a bad tradeoff for the value you receive.

Keith

#13 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,940 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 05:21 PM

The sitemap on that page is not in Google's cache, and therefore has no PR at all.

If it ever does get PR, it will not get it from freefind's site because freefind is not linking to it from it's PR8 page or any page, for that matter.

The sitemap page on that site will be exactly the same as if it were hosted on the same domain, and will inherit it's PR from the other pages of that site, which link to it.

So, basically, this whole thread is incorrect, unless I'm missing something here.

Jill

#14 Bernard

Bernard

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 06:41 PM

Jill, that's exactly the way I see it too.

#15 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,940 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 07:18 PM

Keith wrote:

I have a 100 other unique, not widely know, linking strategies as well. I'll post them periodically.

Thanks, but no thanks.

We're actually looking for credible information on this forum. I don't mean to be rude, but so far your posts today, Keith, have all presented us with a lot of misinformation. You're welcome to keep posting that sort of thing, but I and the others here will continue to correct you, if you do.

Jill

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!