• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Dynamic Pages & Seo... Any Advice?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 RisingConviction

RisingConviction

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 10:44 AM

We are just about to begin rebuilding our web site. We will be switching to .aspx for almost all pages. Most of the content will remain static... the reason for the switch to dynamic pages is more for flexibility and application integration.

I would like to know if anyone has any advice for SEO working in a dynamic page format. What kinds of things should I be looking to avoid, and are there any advantages that dynamic a page build can offer. Thanks.

#2 awall19

awall19

Peanut Butter Lover

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 09:23 PM

The advantages of a dynamic site are quicker updating and site design, as well as more user interactibility. The negative is that many times the content is hard for search engine spiders to sift through. Optimization techniques are similar for both types of sites, with the exception of the techniques required to get search engine spiders to find the content.

The biggest tip anyone could offer would be to pay for professional help before redesigning the site. Maybe I know a tip and I tell you, and someone else offers a few more.

The problem is that you do not want to base your business on fragmented information. If your site is big enough that you need dynamic creation then you should have adequate resources to invest into good SEO one way or another.

You may not need to hire an SEO, but at the very least make sure your programmer is SEO aware.

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,012 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 10:05 PM

Welcome, RisingConviction! :hmm:

You might be interested in Alan Perkin's article (well, interview) optimizing dynamic content that should answer a lot of your questions.

Good luck!

Jill

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!