• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Google Sitemaps

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 tomsk

tomsk

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:33 AM

QUOTE(Jill @ Jan 5 2010, 10:12 AM) View Post
Not sure why verifying the site would make it suddenly not spam, if that's what you're asking.

If anything, it calls attention to the spam that may have otherwise gone unnoticed.

What I meant was that if a person was having their site verified by google it might be interrupted as not being an attempt at spamming, because as you point out I could have potentially tip them off to the fact, and then to put my foot in it again by saying hey also take a look at my site map which confirms I have a load of similar pages.

#32 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 12:10 PM

While that practice may or may not be considered search engine spam by Google (they seem to allow a lot of it) it's "on the verge" so to speak.

Which is why I wouldn't tip them off. I'd also not do it with a site that was real important to me...

#33 tomsk

tomsk

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 01:58 PM

QUOTE(Jill @ Jan 5 2010, 01:10 PM) View Post
Which is why I wouldn't tip them off. I'd also not do it with a site that was real important to me...

Lesson learnt thanks Jill

Weird - not stalking you honest, but just watching a video of you on WPN videos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.