• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

How Is Keyword Xyz Ranking?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#16 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,608 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 02:07 PM

Google is ok with you using automated tools as long as they're based on the Google Web APIs. I believe there are tools out there built on them, and once you've got that, all you need is a license from G to use them. You're allowed 1000 automated queries a day.

#17 darciusrex

darciusrex

hard on things

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 02:21 PM

I was checking out the free one Mel recommended. It looks pretty cool and seems to fit in with what Qwerty was saying about it fitting in with Google's APIs. My only question is will it allow you to use the same program for researching rankings on other engines?

#18 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,608 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 02:23 PM

No, as far as I know such tools are only designed to query Google.

#19 awall19

awall19

Peanut Butter Lover

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 12:16 AM

I would not consider rank checking software that important anyway. Even new working projects can usually get on the top 3-5 pages right off the start. If your company has money to invest in rank checking software shouldn't they have money to invest into achieving those rankings?

The biggest thing is to realize that the web is huge and change takes time. Time to learn, time to act, and time to react.

Checking ranking is irrelevant compared to checking server logs. Once you start to get a few clickthroughs for some term then you know you must be close on it. Find out what page is getting this traffic and tweak it just a little more ;)

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!