• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Google Watch Watch

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 projectphp

projectphp

Lost in Translation

• 2,203 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 09:16 PM

All heard of Google Watch? Now comes http://www.google-watch-watch.org/www.google-watch-watch.org, starteed by Chris Beazley. GREAT site, and what makes the internet so great.

Reminds me of my favourite all time word, antidisestablishmentarianism, the longest words in our humble language!!!

I love anti-anti, double negative things, and a watch of a watch is great. Now, when I finally get off my but, I am so goinf for www.google-watch-watch-watch.org, and I'll keep the dudes keeping the honest honest!!!!!

#2 Scottie

Scottie

Psycho Mom

• Admin
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 09:18 PM

That is awesome. Love it.

Good find, php!

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,886 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 09:55 PM

Another good one from ChrisB! :P

I agree completely. It's a darn shame that GoogleWatch and it's owner have been able to get so much actual press, when it's whole premise is simply wrong.

Too bad the media doesn't always do their homework and they love negativity. :ph34r:

Jill

#4 deborah2002

deborah2002

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 10:14 PM

That was Great! Especially for those suffering from post-GDS (Google Dance Syndrome)!!

deb

#5 Debra

Debra

HR 7

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 12:04 AM

I particularly liked his "PageRank is like a pizza" comment! :chef:

#6 dragonlady7

dragonlady7

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 08:30 AM

Mmmm, pizza...

Indeed, a good analogy.
People who make their careers by being negative about Google are actually a testament to just how good Google really is-- if there were real, legitimate terrible things about Google, this guy's page wouldn't even get read. So I suppose we can take that as some comfort.

#7 ChrisB

ChrisB

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 11:11 AM

:P

Ya I had an email conversation with Danny Sullivan about Bill Machrone's article (mentioned on the site) and how it was annoying how the press is using him as a source. The guy is seriously off the wall -- check out this article on Mind Control that he wrote.. It was at that time that I registered the domain and wrote up that article.

Now that Danny put it in his newsletter it's gotten alot of attention. Including a mention in the blog of the guy who created Blogger (and now works for Google).

#8 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,886 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 11:14 AM

Way to go, Chris!

The more we can show that these people are nut cases, the better! It seems pretty obvious to those in the know, but there will always be some who don't care, or who are too lazy to check the real facts of the situation.

:P

Jill

#9 dragonlady7

dragonlady7

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 11:33 AM

Well, as some of us know all too well, it's much, much easier to whine and complain about things of which we don't get to dictate the results, instead of changing those things that are within our power to control to get the results we want.
:-/

The problem is when others take the whining at face value as fact and assign to it greater importance than it merits. Newspapers are more willing to do it in this particular case because a story giving Google bad press is bigger news than yet another Google-love-fest, regardless of which is better journalism. So, they can check all the facts of the situation if they want, but then they won't get their story about Google being bad.
But then, as ChrisB points out, you get additional news mileage out of the bad press being bad in and of itself. :P

#10 projectphp

projectphp

Lost in Translation

• 2,203 posts

Posted 10 August 2003 - 07:32 PM

That mind control article was superb!!! I used to LOVE conspiracy throries, but most of all I love the way tehy would jump from a -> b -> c -> x. That sort of "there was this then this then this which proives beyond any doubt that the CIA is in cohorts with aliens".

And this guy wants to comment on Google???? Come on!!!

#11 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,590 posts

Posted 10 August 2003 - 07:35 PM

But the CIA really IS in cahoots with aliens. Manuel Noriega used to be on their payroll, and he's a Panamanian citizen :hehe:

(...sorry. couldn't help myself)

#12 Scottie

Scottie

Psycho Mom

• Admin
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 10 August 2003 - 07:35 PM

Kind of like; witches float, wood floats, witches must be made of wood.

#13 projectphp

projectphp

Lost in Translation

• 2,203 posts

Posted 10 August 2003 - 08:32 PM

Kind of like; witches float, wood floats, witches must be made of wood.

As a Monty Python fan, everyone knows that a witch weighs the same as a duck!!

#14 Kal

Kal

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 10 August 2003 - 08:49 PM

Yep, saw that link in Danny's newsletter and linked to it from my blog the same day. Love it! I am so sick of these writers who call themselves journalists when they clearly don't do any research into their subject matter :doh:

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!