• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Where Are You From?

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#166 PatrickGer

PatrickGer

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 06:43 PM

Btw, do you Americans understand that the Ger in my screen name stands for Germany? I just noticed, that to people other than myself it may look like a last name LOL.

So well Im from Germany...

#167 shakin318

shakin318

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 11:09 PM

I am from Long Island, New York, and I am so thankful that I found this forum! I am a small (very small!) business owner who has taken it upon myself to learn and do everything I can about SEO to help my company's site get onto the first page of google for my keywords. I am committed to doing it LEGITIMATELY, and know that it will take a lot of time, patience and hard work...I've taught myself html and did major surgery to the site that was built (quite crappily) for me. I've fixed titles, meta descriptions, keywords, added H1 tags (original site had none!), addressed keyword density, added an XTML sitemap, added a robots.txt file...etc....

Finding this forum is a godsend...I look forward to learning from you here, and hopefully adding something of value myself!

#168 HalvorHH

HalvorHH

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:26 AM

Hi all, nice to be here. I was born in Norway, and I have a BA from the University of Oslo in sociology and English. In 2007 I started working as an English to Norwegian freelance translator, mainly because it's decently paid if you're a linguist who can get decent jobs, and it allows you to travel around the world if you work via the net. It's a nice thing to do while you're (young and) unsettled, I think. I never planned to stay in Norway all my life, and being just a tourist gets boring too, it's expensive and you'll usually never get under the skin of the culture I think. In 2009 I was recruited to Google as a reviewer, and then as Lead linguist for Norway. I quit to run my translation agency full time, listed in my sig.

Right now I'm trying to get to grips with SEO in order to direct some organic traffic to my site, which proved a lot more difficult than I'd hoped. It's been tons of help reading the forum posts and nubie-guides and the advisor newsletters over the last weeks, but I think it's time to get professional help, because my attempts at practical SEO aren't working very well yet, especially links and directories. Google even dumped my pagerank from 2 to 0 a few days ago (I swear I didn't do anything bad to deserve it, really).

I'm in Asia now, going to Norway in a month, and probably off to brush up on my Spanish in Spain or Argentina after a few months in Norway, or just some other green pasture.

#169 linkvoodoo

linkvoodoo

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 05:57 PM

Canada whistling.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,