Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?
More SEO Content
Submitting The Correct Title?
Posted 23 November 2005 - 02:47 PM
Getting this right the first time is of particular importance, as I am in the process of considering a title change, before I begin submitting to any directories.
My site is: Findachiropractor.com
My title tag currently reads: Find a Chiropractor .Com - National Chiropractor Directory
The banner on the top of my site reads: Find a Chiropractor .com
the heading underneath I am going to change to either American Chiropractic Directory or to Chiropractic Directory.
The only two keywords/phrases I am interested in for this page are (In order):
Find a chiropractor
(Word Tracker and Ovature checked)
I want to loose the "National" because it does not indicate which nation.
My choices are as follows:
1) Find a Chiropractor .com - Chiropractor Directory
2) Find a Chiropractor .com - American Chiropractor Directory
3) Findachiropractor.com - Chiropractor Directory
4) Findachiropractor.com - American Chiropractor Directory
5) Chiropractor Directory - Find a Chiropractor .com
6) American Chiropractor Directory - Find a Chiropractor .com
7) Chiropractor Directory - Findachiropractor.com
8) American Chiropractor Directory - Findachiropractor.com
[BTW - I do not want to use USA]
My concerns are these:
A) If I loose the spaces and make it findachiropractor.com instead of find a chiropractor .com, I loose the key phrase, right (That phrase is proving to be valuable.)
B) If I change the title tag to #6) American Chiropractor Directory - Find a Chiropractor .com, will I have to change the banner in the site from Find a Chiropractor .com to American Chiropractor Directory in order to get directories to accept a directory entry as: American Chiropractor Directory - Find a Chiropractor .com
- Another person at the forum stated that some directories add your link alphabetically, so changing to American Chiropractor Directory would be beneficial for that reason, too.
C) Keeping or removing the hyphen or replacing it with "at" should make no difference, right?
OK, there is a lot of questions here for one post. To recap:
* How should a title be written for a directory if not directly from the title tag?
* Comments about the eight choices, which is best and why?
The site is listed in my signature. It needs some tweaking to the content copy and a few other changes, which are in progress. I released the site a bit early, to help ease the aging process. So far, so good. #37 today for chiropractor directory and #4 for find a chiropractor (MSN) The site has been up for almost a month. I am working on building backlinks.
Posted 23 November 2005 - 02:54 PM
Example: <title>Blue and Red Widgets | Acme Widget Company</title>
You would submit "Acme Widget Company" as title and not the "Blue and Red Widgets" that goes along with it. That is what they are referring to when they state not to submit the title tag.
Posted 23 November 2005 - 05:06 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users