• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Red Bar Mania!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
69 replies to this topic

#31 Bernard

Bernard

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 07:09 PM

Darn! :zap:

I guessed Ubu was the guy in his avatar.

#32 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,674 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 07:16 PM

Have you read it, Bernard? Isn't it just a complete hoot? :zap:

#33 dragonlady7

dragonlady7

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 08:01 PM

My boyfriend just read great swathes of it out loud to me, half-paralyzed with simultaneous amusement and confusion.
Truly redefining "esoteric", that reference is. Hmmm.....
*goes off to find avatar of Pwyll Pendeuic Dyuet*
Well! Pwyll is more common than I thought. Man, this "Internet" thing is great. No good ones, though. He's my favorite obscure character... I used to be Queen of Esoteric. But when I left academia I lost touch with all the truly obscure things out there. ;D
French isn't my thing. I've only tried translating once, and that was from Middle Welsh. What a disaster I was in that class! I'm dictionary-impaired, it would seem. But I learned some cool words. "A threigylgweith yd oed yn Arberth, prif lys idaw, a dyuot yn y uryt ac yn y uedwl uynet y hela." "Treigylgweith" is my favorite word of all time in any language. It means, roughly, "Once upon a time"...
Well, it's sleepytime and I'm going away this weekend, so ta-ta for now. :drinking: When I come back everyone will have longer red bars than me and I'll have to resort to hidden text to get back up in ranking. :zap: (Not that I would ever do such a thing!)

#34 market seeker

market seeker

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 08:10 PM

A blog is in the works on how to achieve high HR

#35 Bernard

Bernard

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 08:27 PM

Qwerty, by my green candlestick, I just gave it a glance. :zap:

#36 Pets

Pets

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 09:48 PM

Getting Back to Ubu - I thought Ubu was the Black Labrador Retriever at the end of some TV shows. "Sit Ubu sit" - "woof"

(But this is from a guy named Pets whose Avatar says "Woof")

#37 deborah2002

deborah2002

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 10:33 PM

Pets-----you beat me to it!

The sad thing is, I REALLY thought that's who/what they were referring to (oh well, better to look daft in a crowd than as a single dafter (?) )*.

*I'm originally from Alabama, and when I use incorrect spelling/grammar/whatever I just tell them that and they buy it.

:hmm:
deb

#38 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,674 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 10:38 PM

I think Ubu the dog must have been named after Pere Ubu. Was the dog fat? There was also a band from Ohio called Pere Ubu -- very popular on college radio back in the day (my day, that is) :hmm:

#39 robwatts

robwatts

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 03:10 AM

Oh shucksy! silly of me not to have read those proto-surrealist plays by that well known french playwright chapsky. :learn:

I read the first act, it is indeed very good, if a little bizarre . I'll certainly know the name Alfred Jarry next time I hear it.

Just think, I might even be able to look smart and sophisticated the next time his name is mentioned in my company, I can chip in and say in a deep baritone upper class English accent "Oh yes, Alfred Jarry wrote that play..."

Thanks for sharing Bob. :notworthy:

#40 Kelly

Kelly

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 07:20 AM

Since I lost my HR, does it mean I lost my PR and top listings too? If I repent, can I get them back? PLEASE????

#41 Bernard

Bernard

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 07:38 AM

Oh No! Where is the message cache so we can check for problems that may have led to HR0 penalties?

#42 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,210 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 08:32 AM

Hahahahaha....jokes on you, Kelly! :lmao:

Your HR 10 was very clever. How about putting up a real avatar now and building up your HR by posting? ;)

Jill

#43 TBroadfoot3rd

TBroadfoot3rd

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 10:03 AM

Well the HD has begun........... I went to sleep last night a 1 and awoke a 2 but I will wait till the HRgigglebot is done with its forum crawl to make sure it is a real 2 not a mirage.

Have a great weekend everybody or had a great weekend depending on what side of the planet you are on.

:-)

#44 Denyse

Denyse

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 10:23 AM

:read: I loved it Qwerty and I'm thinking of using Vrout, merdre as my signature. Mère Ubu is quite the gal, would probably make a good SEO
:lmao:
Denyse

#45 mcanerin

mcanerin

HR 7

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 11:26 PM

I noticed that you have several groups ("titles") like Member, Active Members, and Moderator.

Based of what I've seen so far, I think you should add the group title of "babbling loony" to anyone who achieves a HR or 3 or higher in less than a month.

I really want this title! It's my goal to get HR 5 by the end of the month. Please? I have chocolate! :)

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!