• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Nice Forums!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
114 replies to this topic

#76 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,967 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 03:51 PM

Jodi, the emails come from forum@highrankings.com and I did activate it with your Spam Arrest earlier today. Make sure your "My Controls" are set to receive email replies also.

I seem to get some replies and not others, and can't quite figure out why yet!

Jill

#77 Jodi

Jodi

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 04:01 PM

Thanks for doing that, Jill. I appreciate your taking the time. Yes, I did get the notice that you replied to my response just now - so something's working. Didn't get it before though, oddly enough, and I'm assuming you'd validated yourself a while back? (Though of course, I could be wrong about that).

Things seem to be working ok right now and I do have my settings subscribing me to forums and sending me notifications... so hopefully they'll continue to work.

I really really love this message board program you have going here though. :D I'm using UBB on my songwriting website and it seems to be doing ok, but it's not nearly as dynamic as this program. Good job! :lol:

--Jodi

#78 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,967 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 04:37 PM

Yeah I validated it earlier, I think when you first registered maybe?

This software really is good, you are correct. It just so happened to come with my server, so it was a snap to originally set up. Scottie has since upgraded it, and we moved to a bigger server (same company), but we're thrilled with the forum features. I think Scottie and mentioned that she's gonna switch the forums she has for her business sites to this stuff. I'm surprised we don't see it for that many other forums.

By the way it's Invision Board Software, if anyone is interested. I registered it and bought a full license, so it's no longer at the bottom of each page.

Jill

#79 Jodi

Jodi

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 05:05 PM

Ahhh. Thanks! I was going to ask what the program was. I should look into that. UBB was pricey, and I'm hoping this one isn't any *more* pricey... but I'll check it out. :D

--Jodi

#80 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,967 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 05:19 PM

Actually, you can use this one absolutely free if you don't mind their name at the bottom. Good deal!

#81 Scottie

Scottie

Psycho Mom

• Admin
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 05:32 PM

I definitely recommend Invision Power Board. This is by far the best forum program I have found, and I am going to convert 3 other boards I have to this as soon as I have time.

They have quite a few conversion programs, so it if you are using one of the other popular boards out there (I'm not :D ) converting your board should be fairly simple.

It is truly free, although you can get paid support and as Jill mentioned, you can remove the link at the bottom of the page if you register it.

#82 Jodi

Jodi

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 05:43 PM

I'm definitely thinking of registering it. My forums are pretty busy with over 2700 registered members but I much prefer the interface here and the "community oriented" functionality.

It's far cheaper than UBB too - which I love (who wouldn't? :D ).

Thanks, guys. I've written to the folks over there to see what it might cost to get them to help me convert my current message boards. Hopefully they'll be able to do it as there's a lot already there and I'd hate to lose everything!

--Jodi

#83 tlpretender

tlpretender

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 07:32 PM

Jill/Scottie/All(),

The boards look great! Good luck with them and thanks for making them.

:lol:

TL

#84 Scottie

Scottie

Psycho Mom

• Admin
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 08:02 PM

Thanks tlpretender! Welcome- :lol:

#85 deborah2002

deborah2002

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 08:23 PM

Scottie,
My goodness! Don't you EVER stop? I was checkin out the forum this morning when I got to work (it's 9:22 PM now here in Florida) and you are still here! Get some sleep! :lol:

Have a great night!

deb

(besides, we need you all fresh for another day here! ni' nites!) :lol:

#86 HorseCove

HorseCove

Horses are good for the soul.

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 08:44 PM

Deborah,

Scottie never stops - We suspect she really is a set of triplets. No one can possibly have that much energy. It's the only answer...

Seriously, Scottie is a truly amazing lady!

Chris :lol:

Edited by HorseCove, 04 August 2003 - 09:01 PM.

#87 dragonlady7

dragonlady7

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 07:37 AM

If she's cloned herself, I want to know how. :rofl: I need more time in a day.
Perhaps she's discovered a time-travel machine. Or merely a switch that slows down time for everyone else while allowing her to go about her business. The question is, of course, how does her computer keep up? Perhaps she has several.
Hmm...
This is something that requires additional thought. :rofl:

#88 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,967 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 08:21 AM

Welcome, Tlpretender. Great to see you here! :rofl:

hehehe...Scottie is triplets. I like that.

Jill

#89 Scottie

Scottie

Psycho Mom

• Admin
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 08:40 AM

LOL- wish I was really 3 people! I'll have to look in to that cloning thing.

Thanks Deborah and Chris- y'all are too sweet. Deborah- I pop in and out throughout the day. I really don't sit here and browse the forum all day- honest!

When you work from home, the day doesn't end at 5PM so I check here often late at night when I'm avoiding real work with critical deadlines... or chatting with friends :rofl:

#90 deborah2002

deborah2002

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 09:11 AM

Scottie, truth is it makes ME feel better that you are "popping in". In the last 8-9 months that I have sunk into SEO, I have become a total computer geek.

CASE IN POINT:
My kids went to stay w/their dad for the weekend and I was going to have a relaxing evening at home alone. Grabbed a beer, turned on the computer and was ONLY GOING TO CHECK EMAIL. Before I knew it, it was almost 10:30 at night, beer was only 1/2 gone, and the sun was down. My room had all my work stuff everywhere.
I find that having a short attention span works in this field...let's face it--how many times have you started 1 thing, then found yourself hours later onto something completely different with 8 browsers open?

That's why I love this job! :rofl:

Take care ya'll!
deb

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!