• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Nice Forums!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
114 replies to this topic

#61 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,012 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 12:29 PM

Jill, you had eluded to ".....heading somewhere warm...." for your next seminar---wanna go to DisneyWorld?  (strong yet so subtle of a hint here..)  :)

Actually, I was just talking to Lee, my seminar planning partner and Disney was on our list! Tampa also. I'm thinking Tampa might be better. My kids will be in school and if I go to Disney and don't take them, well I probably shouldn't come home!

Just hoping that we can support another one in the south. We did Atlanta last time, and although the turnout was okay, it was not like Boston. I need you guys to promise you'll all come and bring your friends if I do it in the South again! Make it worth my while!

:)

Jill

#62 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,012 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 12:30 PM

Welcome, Cherie! :)

Glad you found it and like it! :)

Jill

#63 deborah2002

deborah2002

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 12:47 PM

I am opting out of the SEO seminar for Orlando this December (the one with Robin Nobles and John Alexander) in the hopes you are coming here. My company works on a small budget, so I have to choose wich one to attend. If guilt works, I have told my boss not to send me to that one in the hopes of getting to yours! Now you HAVE come here! :)
Besides, Jill, where else but Orlando can you wear shorts in the Winter? C'mon down and let us "other southerners" show you 'round!

:)

#64 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,012 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 01:06 PM

Will you still come if it's Tampa? How about DC?

And you can definitely figure on Chicago in the spring.

Jill

#65 deborah2002

deborah2002

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 01:24 PM

Tampa is a big ole YEP...D.C. could be a bit difficult (the whole budget thing again). Chicago i'd have to pass. My boss is pro on me going but it's the expenses that stop me. I would be able to travel to the immediate areas of Florida and possibly Georgia (I was too late for your Atlanta jaunt--but read your journal entries with envy--they were hilarious,BTW!).
I really want to go to one of your shindigs if its possible. Hope it works out!! ;)

#66 Will

Will

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 01:31 PM

Hi Jill,

Great newsletter (even though I didn't get the free London pass!) - looks like it's going to be a great forum!

Will

#67 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,012 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 01:54 PM

Thanks, Will, and welcome! ;)

Jill

#68 Guest_nzbase_*

Guest_nzbase_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2003 - 12:02 AM

Hi Jill,

Great Forums ;)

Great setup .. I've been a long time reader of the forums, perhaps it's time I started posting a little more ... this looks like the place to do it :D

Cheers

Gary

#69 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,012 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 12:06 AM

Welcome Gary! ;)

Please do post more, we'd love to have you stick around!

Jill

#70 nimlet

nimlet

Where's that elephant got to?

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 05:56 AM

Hi Jill,

Forum looks excellent as is the newsletter. I'm an absolute beginner at this so hopefully I'll be able to pick up some pearls of wisdom!!

Cheers Nim

#71 dragonlady7

dragonlady7

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 07:43 AM

Hi everybody!
Hmm... my company wouldn't pay to send me no matter where the seminar was. Perhaps I should save my pennies to go on my own. ^.^

#72 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,012 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 07:49 AM

Welcome, Nim! :lol:

I'm sure there will be plenty of wisdom to learn here! :D

Jill

#73 Jodi

Jodi

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 12:21 PM

Hi Jill. omg Congratulations on the new forum! It's a great idea. There can never be enough of these, though of course, that makes it hard to find time to post to them all. :unsure: Really like this message board program though. Nicely done! (And I love the smilies too.)

Hope to have lots of interesting discussions here. :)

All the best,

--Jodi

#74 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,012 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 12:28 PM

Thanks, Jodi, and welcome! :)

You don't need to have time to post to all the message boards out there...just stick around here and you'll have access to everything you need! omg

Jill

#75 Jodi

Jodi

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 03:40 PM

:lol: You certainly have enough forums for it! I do like to check the IHelpYou forums every now and again though, even if I don't post much. There's always lots to learn about.

I find though, that a lot of stuff boils down to arguments between two differing schools of thought that will never meet in the middle. Especially when it comes to SEO. Ultimately, I just have to take the information I have at my disposal and make up my own mind. I typically err on the side of caution. In the 7+ years I've been doing this (since 1995), that just seems to be the best way to handle things - as you've often illustrated yourself (something I've admired you for).

Still, it's good to see people's opinions on things. If I'm feeling a certain way about something, it certainly helps to have the opinion validated. ;) Call it, "taking votes". :)

Thanks for putting this place together. It's much appreciated!

All the best,

--Jodi

P.S. - do you know what email address notifications of responses to subscribed forums are coming from? I have Spam Arrest set up (you don't want to KNOW how much spam I get in a day :D ) and I'm not sure it's letting the email through though I was watching for it to show up in my "unvalidated" section... Any ideas would be most appreciated!

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!