• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Nice Forums!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
114 replies to this topic

#31 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,695 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 12:35 PM

Of course, we're big on seafood around here... especially lobster and (ugh) cod. There is actually a cod hanging in the State House, dubbed "The Sacred Cod of Massachusetts". :rofl:

And ice cream.... we have the best here, and Bostonians eat it all year. You see people walking around town during blizzard trying to eat ice cream in mittens.

#32 Bernard

Bernard

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 02:19 PM

BBQ, chili & pecan pie is the what this area is known for, although I myself am a Vegan...

[edit]forgot Tex-Mex....[/edit]

#33 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,695 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 02:25 PM

I'm a non-mammal-eater (is there a term for that?) on a strict diet, so no ice cream for me (that's the strict diet part -- I'm not referring to beef ice cream). I was at a Mexican restaurant with my family about a week ago and I had to order salmon.

And I should add that a few of the foods Boston is famous for are not so big around here. It's not as if we walk around eating Boston cream pies and baked beans all day.

#34 Matt B

Matt B

The modem is the message.

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 02:25 PM

Of course, we're big on seafood around here... especially lobster and (ugh) cod.

That's the biggest thing I miss not living on the East Coast anymore - the fresh seafood - Ah, heaven!

Another thing I miss is not being able to drop into a Dunkin Donuts and getting an iced coffee - I have to make my own! The people here in the office look at me like I'm crazy when I'm drinking that. Starbucks doesn't come close in the iced coffee category, IMO.

#35 Bill Slawski

Bill Slawski

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 09:06 PM

I agree with you, Matt. I love the seafood that comes with living on the east coast.

dragonlady7 asked where is here earlier. I'm from Delaware (which is about a 40 minutes drive south of Philadelphia, or halfway between New York City and Washington, DC). There are more than a couple great crab shacks around where you could eat crabs encrusted in old bay seasoning, and drink beers until you're full.

I'm pretty fond of Dunkin Donuts coffee myself. And, it's free trade coffee, too.

#36 Farhan

Farhan

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 July 2003 - 04:29 AM

Hi Guys,
hope you're having a nice time here -_-

#37 Bill Slawski

Bill Slawski

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 26 July 2003 - 05:55 AM

So far, so fun. -_-

Welcome to the forums, Farhan. :bye:

#38 stoli

stoli

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 July 2003 - 07:26 AM

At the risk of being bashed, boiled P-Nuts RULE!!!

#39 Toadally

Toadally

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 July 2003 - 09:04 AM

Wine and popcorn? How gauche!
(uh Bartender I'll have the same) -_-

#40 dragonlady7

dragonlady7

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 26 July 2003 - 10:02 AM

I've lived in the US my whole life with the exception of one year, and yet I've been to more foreign countries (mostly European nations, plus Mexico plus Canada) than US states. There's a lot of travelling I want to do; I've never been to Washington D. C., I've never been to Maryland or Delaware, I've never been to New Hampshire or Maine... I've never been across the Mississippi except once I went to Arizona as a small girl (So beautiful!!!). Actually I think I'm tipping the scales to visiting more U.S. states now, because I'm going to take a trip to San Diego CA in two weeks. *does math, slowly* Oh... no, I forgot about the trip to Florida when I was 7. Man, I'm confused, I have to write this down. I'm abysmal at math and counting and such. I forgot Italy! I was right, I've still been to one more foreign country than US state, if you count the stopover in Atlanta GA's airport as having been to GA (all I know is, the dirt was red).
So I have a lot of exploring to do in the US someday. My boyfriend recently got a hybrid gas-electric car, so road trips are extremely cost-effective (NYC to Buffalo on one 10-gallon tank of gas is Not Bad. And the Prius is a really comfortable and easy ride. Especially on back roads at 65 mph instead of 80 on the boring Thruway). So I mean to explore places like Delaware and Maine and perhaps farther, but... I can't ever get any time off of work. Ever. So the regional delights will have to wait a while... But when I get a chance, I will sample the crab cakes and lobster and cod and whatever else the East Coast can throw at me. Mmmmm..... and beer. Yay!
I've been to Philadelphia only once, and I was there for a total of 10 minutes-- got a ride in the back of someone's car from buffalo to Philly, and then hopped a train to NYC. So, I got a glimpse of the skyline... What a tease.
Oh, my boyfriend read this thread and wants it known that I am an ignorant tourist who described beef on weck pretty well but otherwise knows not of what she speaks. "Fish fries are available every Friday of the year [including many days that are not actually Friday], from every self-respecting 'Bar & Grill' [including many which are not respectable at all].". Just, nobody gets one except during Lent because, well, it's tradition. So Good Friday you bid the fish fry farewell simply out of tradition, not out of necessity.
I am also a godless heathen because I forgot to mention that Wegman's is the source of all that's good and holy-- the Rochester-based grocery store chain is The Best Grocery Store Ever, carries fabulously good food, including Dibella's subs (best in the world), and my boyfriend and i have been plotting for some months about how we could somehow destroy our local Food Emporium (Motto: We carry less stuff than the identical A&P, and will charge you more for it) and convince Wegman's to step in and replace it.
Hmm... I'm hungry again.

#41 Scottie

Scottie

Psycho Mom

• Admin
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 26 July 2003 - 11:12 AM

Hi Farhan! :bye:

Good to see you here!

#42 Phil CK

Phil CK

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 July 2003 - 12:14 PM

I guess this is the correct place to post a "Congrats & Good Luck to Jill" now that your on your own forum, rather than contributing to others.

All the best !

:bye: :bye: :bye: imagine this is a hello smilie, rather than a wave goodbye !!

#43 Bernard

Bernard

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 26 July 2003 - 12:29 PM

Yeah, could that smilie be renamed to :Aloha: ?

#44 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 26 July 2003 - 01:38 PM

Yeah, could that smilie be renamed to -_- ?

Yes, it can! Good idea.

And welcome Farhan and PhilCK! Hope you both stick around. :!:

Jill

#45 Farhan

Farhan

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 July 2003 - 03:15 PM

Thanks for the welcome, Jill, Scottie, and bragadocchio ( I had to copy paste ur name here) -_-

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.