• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

_www.golfhomeconnect.com - Thoughts?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 theduke56789

theduke56789

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 05:25 PM

GolfHomeConnect.com
General
Is this site completed or under construction? Completed, but adding content

If completed:
How long has the site been up? 1 Day

SEO
Couple hundred

Golf Course Communities - Private Communities - Active Adult Communities

Marketing
Who is your target audience? Vacation and Retiree Home Buyers

Provides news and unbiased info on vacation and retirment communities.

How important is usability? Important

Purpose - Inform consumers and provide leads to real estate professionals via information requests

Design
Do you want design suggestions? Sure

#2 lisety

lisety

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 06:45 PM

How can you have a PR5 on the home page if the site has only been up a day?

I surfed the site a little and it surfs well except of course that there were no homes/rentals listed, at least where I surfed. On your California map you lumped the whole coast as 1 unit. It seems to me that no one would be interested in the whole coast. They'd be looking for Southern California coast, central California coast, and northern California coast. You may consider whether to break that up further, just a thought.

To me the site looks fine, nice image on top, but nothing screams different to me, it is not unique...but then, maybe that doesn't matter.
Just my 2 cents.
Lise

#3 theduke56789

theduke56789

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 10:49 AM

Thanks for the reply and comments about the CA map, I agree with you. I had a very basic html site up before for a few months and that's why the PR5.

#4 wrockca

wrockca

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 02:38 PM

I like the clean design. I would look at some other related keywords that would be easier to rank for in the begining.

#5 Betty

Betty

Jeep Girl

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 02:39 PM

I'm quite surprised that you'd get a PR5 within a few months of starting a website. How many links to you have going to your site?

#6 wrockca

wrockca

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 02:41 PM

oh you may want to put some of that Java into a external file it takes up too much of the top HTML code. You need to bring your text up higher into the html. Just a thought

#7 theduke56789

theduke56789

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 03:17 PM

With regard to the PR5, I'm actually going to chronicle what i did for other newbies like myself ( not that it was something radical or even extraordinary)

wrockca - thanks for the coding tip. If anyone else has dev tips they would be most appreciated. Thanks again to all

#8 MaryKrysia

MaryKrysia

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 07:29 PM

You have a very nice clean design with a welcoming feeling to the web page. Easy to navigate and nice graphics. It tests the same on four different browsers.

I agree with placing the javascript on another page and referencing it. It can get in the way for the Spider programs that go through your web site.

You are using your targeted keywords well in the page body. You have a number of good inbound links.

Very good job. clapping.gif

#9 ewc21

ewc21

Hong Kong SEO

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 10:45 PM

I like the design and color scheme, the layout is clean which is very pleasing to the eyes.

Your site does not obviously over use keywords as evidently seen on page titles and content, which is very good. I hate to see pages with such keyword stuffing, even if it means search engines will pickup them up (unlikely though).

Don't be too concerned about that PR5 thing. Your site deserves links because of its nice content.

I do not know sometimes a few pages load slowly.

Good one!

#10 Pete L

Pete L

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 11:38 PM

That 'ill play!

I agree with the external javascript, it is easy to do and is a real space saver. I do the same with CSS. I have pretty much the same feel for the site as the others who commented. Good, clean, easy to read. I love that photo! I took out my driver and nearly drove a dust-bunny into my monitor. Maybe the logo could use some type of a border around it, but logos are tricky. It just seemed a bit under-weighted compared to everything else.

Naturally, you will need to add content as quickly as possible. Personally, I will leave even a great looking site if I strike out twice trying to find something. It's back to the SO and the next good entry down, when that happens.

Anyway, well done. You are in a highly competitive market, so I wish you the best of luck. Oh, great USA map by the way and smart idea to have the states by region. Alphabetical is fine, but it kind of made me feel the designer of the site was trying to make it easier for me to use.

Pete

#11 tyggis

tyggis

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 08:36 PM

Very, very good layout indeed, I will link to it form my golf site when I finish it. All golf sites should have a picture of a beautiful golf course on a sunny day on their front page, often they show only an old club house.
I found no rentals in my brief search, maybe you could put that link on hold until you got something to offer there and let your visitors focus on the services you have ?

#12 MCinfo

MCinfo

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 12:37 PM

You are keeping it clean and thats very important. The clean, the better clapping.gif .

#13 ceuyan

ceuyan

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 05:43 PM

the site layout is very clean and simple and i like that but the one thing i dont like is the big google ad. when i see big ads trying to hide inside the content i get this feeling that the creator is trying to do something sneaky to its viewers. i get a feeling that the designer is more focused on tricking its users into clicking the ad rather then to share the content of the site. if that is your intentions then what you have is good but if you want users to stay and read your content then i would consider moving or changing the size of your ad

#14 GLance

GLance

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:06 AM

Nice header. It is so nice to see and it seems inviting me to play golf
Actually, I really love to play golf.
I think this is a really good site to seek information about golf.
For the design, it is simple and nice and you have few highlights there

#15 Glenn Arther

Glenn Arther

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 03:00 PM

wow.. It's very nice design..
I like your website.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users