SEO Class in Chicago, IL
Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?
More SEO Content
8/10 - Need Advice
Posted 28 June 2005 - 08:56 AM
I've been tweaking my new site with sitereportcard among other tools and I've been getting good scores on all sections except keywords ...I keep getting the following result for the keywords section:
Keyword Check 8/10 Total words: 303
When I go further into the analysis, it spits out this:
coffee 24 7.92%
flavored 17 5.61%
products 6 1.98%
blends 6 1.98%
can 5 1.65%
beans 5 1.65%
questions 4 1.32%
contact 4 1.32%
bean 4 1.32%
whole 4 1.32%
But no information on how to better my result of 8/10 ...I've tried increasing and decreasing the total number of words, but I keep getting 8/10
Anyone got any suggestions on how I can improve on this ?
Any ideas greatly appreciated :-)
Posted 28 June 2005 - 09:00 AM
If so, don't worry about it as keyword density[/hr] numbers aren't something that you need to look at.
Posted 28 June 2005 - 09:15 AM
Word Count Density
>> If so, don't worry about it as keyword density numbers aren't something that you need to look at
Awesome - thanks for the reassurance ...keyword density has been the one thing I've been a bit confused about with seo ...so many confusing opinions on the topic ...that's why I came here :-)
Posted 28 June 2005 - 12:31 PM
As Jill says, keyword density means nothing. You're going to spend a bunch of time chasing your tail with tools like that.
If you want to play around and test/tweak stuff, test your TITLE tags and the first heading (H1) on the page. You can make changes, and see how your rankings change. A few rounds of testing on each should give you 90% of what you're going to get by fiddling with the HTML code on a given web page.
For the rest of the copy, just work on using keywords naturally, and make it work as copy. Do that well, and you're at about 95% if not higher. Now forget about the other 5% and use your internal links to help searchers find the right page for the right search terms.
Posted 29 June 2005 - 01:55 PM
Read this a little carefully. And, neat usage of your description meta tag, along with the other suggestions, too can contribute to your success.
Posted 29 June 2005 - 03:19 PM
I'm determined to make this work
Posted 14 July 2005 - 07:05 AM
Hi Dan, Thanks for that information, I just have one (edit: turned into one million) question that I've been confused about for some time. In lots of articles I read that after you optimise, to leave your pages for x amount of months (times vary).
How can you check the difference between H1's and TITLE tags when you have to leave it for 6 months. I've gone ahead and made the assumption that it doesn't take very long to notice changes AFTER you have optimised (I hope that's correct). If it is, then can you answer how long I'm looking at waiting to notice differences between TITLE tags and h1's etc.
For example, am I changing, then waiting two weeks and looking at traffic variations?
What about the actual changing of title tags, if you reword them will there be differences? Or are you talking about putting in words and taking out words, adding plural, or changing from plural to singular etc --> OR! Are you gonna hit me with the "it depends"
Thanks for any help guys,
Posted 14 July 2005 - 07:18 AM
I always try to leave changes alone for 4 to 6 weeks that way you would probably see through any algo tweaks/updates that happened at the same time as you made changes and it gives time for all the major SEs to index the changes.
Posted 14 July 2005 - 08:20 AM
Never assume that changes have anything to do with what you did. That's the most important thing I can tell you in regards to SEO!
Posted 14 July 2005 - 03:10 PM
Make a change. Watch the results. Take out the change. Watch the result. Put the change back. Watch the results. Until you can repeat the results at will, you don't know what caused the results. Until you do know, you can't safely extend it to the rest of your site(s).
Of course, search engines give a whole new meaning to Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle.
Posted 14 July 2005 - 03:57 PM
Posted 23 July 2005 - 07:05 PM
Instead of chasing an algorithm, look at what your competition is doing...
Onpage optimization can only bring you to a certain level.
Try to come up with a gimmick so people give you natural links.
Posted 25 July 2005 - 01:35 PM
Posted 26 July 2005 - 04:29 PM
But if you look at Mark Website (the topic starter), he is using photos on his website that have a link to the owner of these pictures. So I am assuming that this website offer good quality picture for webmaster in exchange of a link back to them...
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users