• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Looking For Uk Copywriter With Travel Knowlege

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 val

val

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 12:22 PM

Good Day,

I've been having a great amount of success with our web strategies thus far for our small hotel in the Caribbean. All of our marketing budget (which is pretty small) is spent online, and we enjoy very healthy occupancy percentages! That being said, I'm looking to take traffic to the next level and prefer to hire someone who is familiar with the UK travel terminalogy (e.g. folks in the UK use the word 'holiday' instead of 'vacation' more often) to help us get there. Main reason for this is that most tourists that come to the island is from the UK (since there are more direct flights from there).

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Site can be found at www.oceanpoint.com

Thanks all!
Val

#2 copywriter

copywriter

HR 7

• 1,856 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 08:05 PM

Hi Val,

We have several copywriters at this forum who could help, myself included. So that we can have a better idea of what you're looking for, can you tell us:

Which pages you desire to have re-written.

What you mean by "take traffic to the next level."

If you require search engine optimized copy. (I assume you do since you posted at an SEO forum.)

I'd be delighted to talk with you further about your project if you'd like. You can get additional information at my copywriting site: http://www.ktamarketing.com

You can view one UK travel site 've written for here.

Currently I'm booking jobs for the 1st week of September so if that time frame works with your plans, we can discuss your needs further.

Karon Thackston

#3 mal4mac

mal4mac

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 18 March 2004 - 01:48 PM

No mention of the cricket? With the test series between England and Windies taking place at the moment, you might attract cricket fans. The stress on Golf should work as well with Brits as Americans. There are a few places where the copy jars from a British persepective, for instance: dive-and-golf friendly, kitchenettes,...

What does 'Atlantic Side of the island' mean? Isn't it surrounded by the Atlantic?

"From fluffy pillows to sleep soundly at night"??

"Killer Package" sounds a bit dangerous for retiring Brits :lol:

"Free Beer or rum". Where do I sign up?

"This island was one of Jacque's favourites and it's where Peter Hughes got his inspiration" Who? I'm guessing Cousteau but who's the other one? Now if it had been Johnny Morris I'd be on the next flight...

"we hosted countless groups of golfers from countries such as Estonia, Finland, Sweden, Switzerland, and England". Is it sensible to put your biggest potential customers, after the US, last in a list headed by Estonia?

I quite like that you start with the smallest country, but if you want to attract golfers with money you need to stress that the British are more common on the ground than Estonians! Note, use Britain and British rather than England and English.

Better stop here before you get too much help for free :rescue:

Although I admire the writing style of our esteemed moderator, might I suggest, politely, that this is really a job for a British copywriter? There are strong and subtle cultural links between the West Indies and the UK which an American might miss.

Edited by mal4mac, 18 March 2004 - 02:07 PM.

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!