• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Walk Step-by-Step Through the PR Writing Process

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
79 replies to this topic

#76 opcis

opcis

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 05:46 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Good point about playing up the exclusivity of it.

Last time you recommended sending out the press release again 3-4 weeks after to make sure it gets full exposure. I didn't because I was close to having enough new material for a new release. You made some good points, so I will re-send the release again in 3-4 weeks with the changes. I am glad to see that it's nothing major. I guess that means I'm starting to get the hang of it.

I'll post results as they arrive.

#77 copywriter

copywriter

HR 7

• 1,856 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 06:35 PM

Yes, you are getting the hang of it!

#78 opcis

opcis

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 12:31 PM

Everything went wrong with this one.

First, webhosting.info picked up the release again, re-wrote it, and placed it on their site. Last time they picked up our release last, so it was on top for the entire day and brought us 63 visitors. This time, they picked it up first, so it was displayed on the very bottom for the day and then gone, so it only brought us 31 visitors.

Next, cheaphostingdirectory picked up the release again, and placed it on their site. I was excited, but then I found that I wasn't getting any visitors. I checked the release and found that cheaphostingdirectory had accidentally linked www.droplistpro.com to www.cheaphostingdirectory.com/www.droplistpro.com. I notified them of the problem and they were able to fix it, but too little too late. By then there were many more articles being displayed above it, so I only received 10 visitors as apposed to the 88 visitors I received last time.

Lastly, emediawire picked up the release again, and just like webhosting.info displayed it first, so by 10:00am my release was under about 50 others. This only brought us 4 visitors as apposed to the 37 last time.

So here is the results for the first week:
webhosting.info: 31
cheaphostingdirectory.com: 10
prweb.com: 4
emediawire.com: 4
webhostdir.com: 3
Other: 10

Despite the fact, that the release has only brought 62 click-throughs, I still managed to get 2 conversions from it. Not too bad considering.

Considering what happened, do you think it would be wise to fix the problems found and re-submit?

#79 copywriter

copywriter

HR 7

• 1,856 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 03:55 PM

It sounds like the problems were with timing and the ignorance of those who ran the release, not with the release itself. I'm not sure what you mean by "having fixed the problems." How can you fix the fact that somebody stuck you way down at the bottom of the page?

I'd wait another week or so before sending again. If *I* were the webmaster and saw your release come through for a second time within a couple days, I would not post it again because I'd just run it.

Sorry the timing/webmasters weren't as cooperative this go 'round.

#80 opcis

opcis

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 03:58 PM

What I meant by fix the problems was to send out the release with the changes you (copywriter) suggested.

So you think I should re-submit the release, but in another week?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!