• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Walk Step-by-Step Through the PR Writing Process

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
79 replies to this topic

#61 opcis

opcis

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:03 AM

It's been 1 week since I sent out the press release and here are my results:

PrWEB:
Reads: 22,142
Estimated Pickups: 632
Click Throughs: 7

Syndicated Sites Click Throughs:
cheaphostingdirectory.com: 82
webhosting.info: 61
emediawire.com: 34

So this press release brought 184 unique visitors to my site and out of those I received 1 conversion and 1 possible deal that if it goes through would make this presss the most beneficial solution to my site yet. appl.gif

This was definitely worth it and I thank all of you for your outstanding advice. As suggested, I will re-send the press release with a few changes at the end of the month.

#62 storyspinner

storyspinner

Excellent Recall Award Winner :)

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 12:56 PM

Great News Opcis! smile.gif

#63 copywriter

copywriter

HR 7

• 1,856 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 02:25 PM

yahoo.gif Whoo Hoo!

Way to go!

#64 opcis

opcis

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 12:52 PM

The gift that just keeps on giving. clapping.gif

Syndicated Sites Click Throughs:
cheaphostingdirectory.com: 88
webhosting.info: 63
emediawire.com: 37
prweb.com: 7
sedo.com: 4
mail accounts (Sedo Newsletter): 100
livejournal.com: 1

Conversions:
cheaphostingdirectory.com: 1
webhosting.info: 1
mail accounts (Sedo Newsletter): 2

Wrote a New Article: (click on link to see article)
www.droplistpro.com/press/sedo.com_05-23-2005.htm
www.droplistpro.com/press/webhosting.info_05-11-2005.htm

Overview
Total Unique Visitors: 300
Link Exchange Requests: 2
Wrote an article about DropListPro: 2
Requests for new features: 2
Conversions: 4
Possible Deals (Jobs/Trade): 2

I can't believe one press release did all this and that's not even considering all the links I've been getting. yahoo.gif

Thank you so much Karen (copywriter)! Also, take a look at the article sedo wrote. It sounds very professional.

#65 storyspinner

storyspinner

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 12:54 PM

that's great opcis! appl.gif

#66 copywriter

copywriter

HR 7

• 1,856 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 01:00 PM

Oh boy! Oh boy! kicking.gif

You are something now, Opics! shades.gif

You are most welcome for the help, but you did all the work! Glad it paid off for you. victory.gif

#67 opcis

opcis

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 11:32 AM

The sedo newsletter brought another 150 unique visitors and 2 more conversion, bringing the total conversions for this press release to 6. I'd say the press release was well worth the $30. The traffic from the press release has come to a halt and here are the final results.

Overview
Total Unique Visitors: ~450
Conversions: 6

This press release accomplished a whole lot more than I ever anticipated. Also, now we are starting to get conversions from other places, so I must be doing something right. We have just released some new features, so we are going to send out another press release next tuesday. If it does even half of what this one did, then it will be well worth the money. Thanks again for all the help.

#68 copywriter

copywriter

HR 7

• 1,856 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 01:33 PM

yahoo.gif GREAT!! So proud of you! You've really learned a lot with this experience and I'm sure that small (though be it sometimes frustrating) investment of time will continue to pay off for years to come.

Excellent work!!

#69 storyspinner

storyspinner

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 01:44 PM

its great to see its working well for you!
that extra effort getting it written .. and fine tuned seems to have helped out as well!

hope it keeps continuing to work for you for a few more weeks smile.gif

#70 opcis

opcis

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 02:26 PM

The sedo newsletter just brought yet another conversion and cheaphostingdirectory brought one as well. That brings the total conversions for this press release to 8. It looks like it's not over yet. yahoo.gif

Edited by opcis, 31 May 2005 - 05:00 PM.

#71 opcis

opcis

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 01:50 AM

The press release has stopped bringing traffic. It was a very good run. Over 500 unique visitors and 8 conversions.

I kept all my attempts of my first press release. Here they are:

[removed as site no longer appears to work]

I have been working hard over the last month and I have come out with many new features. I think it's time for a second press release. Here is my rough draft.

Let me know what you think. I want to get this sent out by Tuesday, so I'll probably need to have it submitted to prweb by Sunday night.

#72 opcis

opcis

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 12:53 PM

I submitted my second press release to prweb yesterday and it was accepted and again received an editorial score of 4 out 5. It looks like I'm starting to get the hang of this press release thing.

The release is scheduled to be sent out tomorrow (June 14, 2005). I'll post results.

You can view the final copy here:

#73 copywriter

copywriter

HR 7

• 1,856 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 01:35 PM

Oh, Opcis! I'm sorry! I was on vacation last week. I meant to make myself a note to look at this when I got home, but, honestly, I just forgot during the whirlwind of laundry and mail sorting.

I'll try to look it over later tonight or tomorrow (not that it will do you any good now).

Apologies! notworthy.gif

#74 opcis

opcis

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 01:56 PM

That's alright. The release received an editorial score of 4, just as the last one did, so I must have done something right.

Last time I spent more than two weeks on the release, and had a lot of help. I did this one in 3 days myself and acquired the same score. Your tutoring helped me learn how to write a press release myself, and for that I forever thank you.

I would however still like to know what you think, so I can do even better next time.

#75 copywriter

copywriter

HR 7

• 1,856 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 04:33 PM

OK Chris,

Couple of minor tweaks I'd have made.

Headline

Back to the "so what" question. Give me a benefit. You're launching a smart search because................. (what's the benefit)? Maybe something along the lines of "Industry's First Smart Search Feature Helps Expired Domain Seekers Get Better Results" or some such. (That's not the greatest headline in the world, but...)

Summary

DropListPro.com, an expired domain search engine, has released a new and improved design and all new features, which include a search wizard, smart search, and many more.

Again, so what? Why would my reader's care that you have new features?

After a domain expires it may be up to three months before it becomes available. www.DropListPro.com  shows when these domains will be coming back on the market and how to acquire them.

This was a little confusing to me. I guess I'd want to know that your company shows me the quickest available date they'll be back. Kinda sounds like they'll be back in 3 months and DropList tells you how to aquire them after 3 month is up.

acronyms like 'seo',

All punctuation goes inside single or double quote marks.

This will facilitate the ability for average users and industry professionals to acquire a decent domain without the need of thousands of dollars.

This should be at the top somewhere. It's the whole gist of your release. (That and the fact that it's ultra cool and nobody else has it!! I'd play the exclusivity of it up, too.)

That's it. Nothing major.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!