• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Multiple Links From The Same Page To 1 Other Page.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Peter

Peter

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 09:20 PM

Hi everybody,

Very nice to see this new forum. It seems it will be a very popular one, considering the short time it is up and the number of posts it already had.

I have a question about linking. One of my sites has on the home page, 4 links that all link to the same page. Yet, each one of them has a different name. The way it is set up it seems to make sense, but the names of the links don't have much in common.

My question is: Will the search engines make a problem out of this or not?

Thanks in advance,

Peter

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,580 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 09:29 PM

Peter, can you explain your intentions behind doing this? Are all four links going to the beginning of the page, or to bookmarked locations within it? And are there really four different subjects there, justifying four different links?

If the answer to the last question is yes, I'd say that's a good reason to turn the one page into four.

#3 Peter

Peter

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 09:41 PM

Hi Bob,

Nice to see you here too. :D

The page contains a calendar, and that calendar can be used for more than one purpose. So for 4 different reasons, there is a link to that page. Main problem with this site is that none of the pages is optimized for certain sets of keywords/phrases. The whole site was optimized a bit, but as many people confuse "web site" and "web page", the keywords/phrases are put in randomly throughout all the pages.

So now Im not sure if this linking structure is good after I optimized all the pages for their own sets of key words/phrases.

Thanks,

Peter

#4 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,580 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 09:50 PM

Based on what you've said, it seems that the links all serve the users of the site. In that sense, I can't see anything wrong with it.

I'm sure there's no SEO benefit to doing that, but I sincerely doubt it's going to get you into any trouble either. It's certainly common to have, for example, three links to the home page on a given page (left navigation buttons, bottom text links, and probably the company logo), and what you're talking about is linking to the one page for different, specific reasons.

#5 Peter

Peter

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 08:01 AM

Thank you Bob,

Peter

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your