• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Overture & Espotting & Adwords-figures

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 Herbert

Herbert

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 12:18 PM

Another question to Overture & Espotting & Adwords-figures:

Is there any statistical table that tells me how effective are clicks on the 1st, the 2nd, the 3rd, the 4th and the 5th place in a sponsored listing? I mean, on what listing place potential customers prefer to click? Of course one need some weeks/months experience with different listings (i.e. different CPC bookings...)?

The statistic could have a look like this:-

Listing_Page impr.__Clicks

Or do they always prefer place 1? I dont believe...
It is possible to get these fig. from oneīs report I think omg

[Split this off for you to the [url=http://www.highrankings.com/forum/index.php?showforum=19]PPC forum[/url]. - Jill]

In order 2 be more clear I will add this:

At the desk of a PPC/CPC-company should be a list with fig. for something like that:

-all keywords
-SE listing place of each KW
-CTR (click_through_rate) of each listed KW just in that place

With that all I should be able 2 say: My KW "keyword1" has at listed place 1 a CTR
of 5%, my keyword2 has at place 3 a CTR of 4%, my keyword3 at place 3 a CTR of 6%.
With additional figs. for the price of each KW at a certain listed place (e.g. 30 cents) I am able to say finally:
He, I want for my keyword2 a listing of place 2 (at a price of 30 cent) cause there will be the highest CTR just for that KW! :) Not? Why not? :unsure:
Of course the PPC company will never give out the figs. for that I think.... :lol:
So, let me know my wrong ideas in that above, please.

Edited by Herbert, 03 August 2003 - 09:05 AM.

#2 Herbert

Herbert

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 02:21 PM

Hmm....my RTR at this thread is zero up 2 now (ReplyThroughRate)... :)
What may be the reason? :)

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,963 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 02:32 PM

Hi Herbert,

I think that either nobody has an answer for you, or they do not quite understand the question.

I don't do much PPC stuff, so I won't be of any help to you, sorry!

Jill

#4 MakeMeTop

MakeMeTop

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 02:35 PM

No statistical averages (that I am aware of - and please correct me if I'm wrong) are available publically apart from the occassional Overture "puff-piece" which states most people click on the first result.

Various studies state that people click on more than 1 result on a page - and recent statements by search engines indicate over 70% of people don't click on any sponsored listing at all!

There are so many variables in to what makes people click on a listing - but you should be able to (in time) build up your own statistical chart for your own listings from the information in your reports.

#5 Herbert

Herbert

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 04:05 PM

Thx for that.
So, good bye overture & espotting & adwords!? LOL
But u r right -many variables are there making the decision click/or not.
And ur statement "no statistical averages are available publically" is correct -thats what I wrote...otherwise the PPC people would block their bucks coming in via 1st placements oder :D
So, I have to learn now what to do: sponsoring or not! Cause Iīm a startup I dont have any money (really;) and I dont have customers as bookings...so what will be the next step...OK, building my own charts from the reports (and then selling them against cash -yeah!).
BTW: Do u have some sources for the mentioned statements "over 70% of people donīt click on any sponsored listing" -that would be intersting for me.

#6 MakeMeTop

MakeMeTop

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 05:23 PM

>Do u have some sources for the mentioned statements "over 70% of people donīt click on any sponsored listing"

Not in writing - but it was stated publically by representatives of AV, Yahoo, LookSmart, Inktomi, FAST and Ask Jeeves when they were asked to compare my figures (traced over many sites and industries) of around 75% with the industry average when we were on the same panel at SES London in June. All said that my figures were accurate in their experience to within a couple of percent each way.

#7 Herbert

Herbert

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 06:32 PM

Ok, thx again. Very interesting figures.... :learn:

That means that e.g. 100 $ for sponsored links only per month will result in 100/(1-.7)=330 $ earnings from my job, in order to fill the gap (resulting from 70% "no-clickers")...!? ;)

That means finally NOT to invest into sponsoring like that above...but what is your meaning, ladys and gentlemen?

[Yeah, only the one with lots of bucks will be able to invest for PPC (Penalty Per Click :D ]

#8 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,963 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 07:01 PM

Well, remember, you are only paying for clicks not impressions, so that should make it more affordable. As long as the people get what they thought they were getting when they click, you will be paying for highly targeted visitors.

Jill

#9 Herbert

Herbert

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 03:54 AM

Of course each CLICK is ok (if my site/product is that what they searched for), BUT the statement above is: "...over 70% of [searching]people donīt CLICK on any sponsored listing".

so, these people are not interested at all in any sponsoring, and that means what I wrote above: additional invest to close that "gap of not interested people"...
Am I wrong? ;)

#10 Bernard

Bernard

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 12:24 PM

Hebert, there are any number of reasons why people search for things on search engines. That 70% of all searches do not include a click-through on a PPC ad doesn't really mean much. Could be that the majority of searches are for information/research.

The ones who DO click on a PPC ad are most likely the targeted traffic that is looking to buy something (or click fraud...). Fortunately, you can reach that other 70% with organic SEO.

#11 Herbert

Herbert

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 07:32 PM

Ya, of course.....thats OK so far :lol:

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the