Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?
More SEO Content
Link Exchage Questions - Google Vs. Yahoo
Posted 30 March 2005 - 07:11 AM
I have a website named www.sindhusynergy.com for which I have done some link exchange program with several websites. I have doubts and need all this Forum users help.
1. when I type link:www.sindhusynergy.com it is only showing 3 result and link: www.sindhusynergy.com is showing around 74 result. FYI... the difference between the first query and 2nd query in Google is the 2nd one is with a space. Why is this anomalities?
2. When I type link:www.sindhusynergy.com in google it shows 3 result and linkdomain:www.sindhusynergy.com in yahoo, it shows 82 result. Please let me know why I am so poor in Google.
3. So out of the 82 links, Google is only featuring 3 links. In that case, these 3 also should not come into Google. So what is the speciality in this 3 links.
Posted 30 March 2005 - 09:01 AM
The problem with the query with a space is that it's malformed. With the space in it, you're actually asking it for links from any site (since there's no domain immediately after the colon) that have the phrase <www.yourdomain.com> on them.
Posted 30 March 2005 - 09:02 AM
1. The version without the space it the correct command. You can see most of the Google advanced operators with examples here.
2. Don't trust the number of links Google shows you with the link command. They only show you a "selection" of backlinks, and there is not rhyme or reason to what they show and don't show.
3. See above.
Check your links in other search engines. I tend to use Yahoo! [linkdomain:www.yoursite.com] more, but it has a funny one too as it will show <IMG SRC calls to images on your domain as links.
<added>Grumpus types faster !</added>
Stock, have you been able to confirm that what shows in the Google link command has anything at all to do with the PR of the linking site? Last time I looked at it, it looked like sites with all types of PR showed up. Meaning sometimes a PR3 site will show up as a backlink, but a PR7 links won't. Other times several PR4 or greater links showed up, but other PR 4 links wouldn't. There was simply no sense at all that I could see. More like a completely random selection.
Edited by Randy, 30 March 2005 - 09:08 AM.
Posted 31 March 2005 - 04:04 AM
Currently I am working working with another site www.vidiemi.com .
I request you to please spend some time and assess the site. Please let me know why I am not getting resonable result from Google. But, I am getting very good response from Yahoo and MSN.
Please check all the aspects of the site...
2. Meta Tags in the Site
3. And other aspects
Please recommend me what I am doing wrong that I am not getting good position.
Thanks for your time once again.
Edited by chrishirst, 31 March 2005 - 04:41 AM.
Posted 31 March 2005 - 04:48 AM
You can ask for a site review when you become an active member (see [url=http://www.highrankings.com/forum/index.php?act=boardrules]Forum Rules[/url] ).
However under most circumstances if a site is ok in MSN and Yahoo, you can usually be fairly accurate in saying inbound links (or lack of them) is the problem.
Posted 31 March 2005 - 02:36 PM
They don't show them all for whatever reason and I've noticed they do bring back sites of all PageRank levels nowadays. Yahoo! seems to bring back the most/best representation.
Posted 01 April 2005 - 12:39 AM
Posted 01 April 2005 - 01:13 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users