• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Dynamic Sites And Seo Software

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 davidj

davidj

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 03:23 PM

Hi, I am a long time grateful HighRanking subscriber. I am contemplating using or purchasing either WebPositionGold or Search Mechanic as systems for correcting a three year old problem of poor spidering on a Cold Fusion created site. www.moncton4business.com

We have recently identified offending code used in the construction and have a test page spidered and now want to optimize each page and resubmit properly.

Jill has mentioned both programs and the owner of SearchMechanci gave an excellent informative post in the last newsletter. I am wavering on what to purchase.

I am asking for some direction or suggestions on the correct tool to use on Cold Fusion pages to insure that the valuable content that I have prepared for my client is properly submitted and then monitored and tracked so that I do a good job of getting credit for the pages I have created in content and for the new ones I am creating now according to WordTracker input.

My question is which or what tool in the best investment to insure that I properly register and monitor all pages in the site. I have performed the scan by search mechanic and I am leaning on purchasing their service as it seems to address my problems?

Perhaps someone has had success with both or either or their is a better tool. I am a perpetual student of search engine practices and am trying to learn by doing as well as reading Jill faithfully.

David Jonah

http://www.moncton4business.com

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,004 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 03:46 PM

Hi David, and welcome! :D

I don't think that WebPosition Gold does what it is you're looking for. And I believe Alan can answer whether SearchMechanic does. I believe it does.

Alan is a moderator here, and you can private message him, if he doesn't see this post and reply to you directly. I'm sure if his software isn't quite right, he can point you in the right direction.

Good luck!

Jill

#3 Alan Perkins

Alan Perkins

Token male admin

• Admin
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 05:17 PM

I'm very sorry I only have time for a quick reply. I will try to give a fuller reply later, but it possibly won't be until Tuesday! There should be enough here for other mods to understand what I mean though :D

Search Mechanics won't submit and monitor your pages too well. For submission I recommend manually negotiating a few good inbound links, e.g. from directories, then letting the spider find your site naturally. Or using a PFI program. For monitoring I recommend using a log file analysis program. I never use rank checkers.

What Search Mechanics is good at is crawling sites (both static and dynamic), and creating data that you can use as a basis for site maps or PFI programs. So you can use Search Mechanics as a way to get a dynamic Cold Fusion site indexed, but you have to put some manual effort in to get the best results. It won't automatically create site maps or PFI streams for you. But it will go places that other spiders won't go naturally, and help you to help them find their way there.

The main thing I personally use Search Mechanics for is checking that sites can be crawled and indexed without error. :lol:

#4 Mel

Mel

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 09:23 AM

HI David
Not quite sure what you mean about using either software to correct the spidering problems on your site, since I don't think either one will solve that problem.

If poor spidering is your main problem look at the flash intro and the imagemaps as one problem and the URLs with the ID= in them as some of the main problems in getting your site spidered.

#5 RayGonzalez

RayGonzalez

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 07:19 PM

Hi David,

I am not sure if there is a program out there that will fix your problem.
More than likely you will have to go back to the basics before you will have any success.

Chances are that if there is a program out there you still will need to rename images, files, etc.

We launched our new site 2 weeks ago.
The site was built using Cold Fusion.

It was a very hard decesion for me since almost everything is dynamic and is powered by our content management program.

I have to be honest, I was scared to death, our old site had over 300 keywords and keyword phrases that ranked in the top 20 of Google and was afraid to lose the rankings that we worked so hard to get.

Once I started looking at the ranking reports I was very surprised.
We built about 20 static pages for the search engines.
The funny thing is that Google didn't pick up many of the static pages, but many of the dynamic pages did get picked up.

We launched the site two days before the last Google dance, I really didn't expect Google to pick up any of the dynamic pages but they did. I can't wait until the dance to see what happens.

Since we offer SEO, we built our content management system around our SEO campaign. The reson I bring this up is that we launched the site before the SEO was actually completed, in fact it still isn't, but I wanted to get it up before the dance.

We had several pages offering new services that didn't even have keywords or a description. Not only did Google pick them up but several have top 10 rankings, proving yet again that relevant content is the key to Google.

Instead of looking for a program you might want to consider rebuilding your content management system. I know it isn't a quick or inexpensive way to solve your problem, but like everyone says there is no quick fix when it comes to SEO.

Hopefully I didn't get to far off the topic, but I thought it might help.

Ray Gonzalez

9Second Technologies

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!