My professor has asked me to submit a paper on click frauds. How to identify it?
I thought it is quite easy but after few days of work I can smell the difficulty level.
My Question is how can I identify a person surfing the site? Say my professor has a blog (widget.blogspot.com). He is doing some PPC marketing and paying as high as $2 pc.
Say his ads appears at
when some come from these sites these are the possible parameters I can store
1) user IP
2) user OS
3) user Browser Type
4) unique ID no (using cookie or sessions)
5) Screen Resolution
6) screen color settings
(do we other parameters assosiated with user's identity)
Now say person X visits the blog through Google , after some time another person visits the blog through Overture. How do I check whether it is Person X or not?
Few possible ways are
1) If I make a cookie with some UID which can be rechecked, this can be almost 100% check. This will fail only if one machine is used by many others in case of internet cafes. but still its very a possibility.
2) Using IP (but many people can share the same IP) , so IP+resolution+browser+....(other parmeters) will help me check for person X.
1) what are the other ways to check and identify the person for click frauds?
2) How to detect abusers coming from proxy servers? Also how to detect AOL, prodigy and dial-up abusers?
I cannt use php on blogspot , so I am using our university website to provide the basic php and DB support. I am using Js for that.
I real appreciate for your time and help.