• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Has Google Finally Settled Down?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 daniel

daniel

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 10:06 AM

After several months of not quite knowing what Google was up to things seem to have settled down.

Has anyone noticed anything vastly different in results?

#2 markymark

markymark

HR 4

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 10:12 AM

I read a similar view on another forum, but there have been some very noticeable changes the last couple of days. I'm not going to give precise examples but I have had a couple of sites lose ranking suddenly and a few more make gains. These don't seem to be freshbot related. I know this to be true as I put together a sample ranking report for a potential client on Wednesday (not quering Google automatically, I hasten to add) but when I got to the meeting yesterday and they checked up on some of the things on the report, it had all changed.

Still managed to get the gig, but it was a little awkward there for a moment.

#3 Bernard

Bernard

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 02:06 PM

My main business site has moved into the 2nd page SERP for its most competitive term within the last week. :)

#4 Gary Bagshawe

Gary Bagshawe

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 02:17 PM

From what I have seen and noticed google is serving up some very fresh results and I have had sites indexed and remain in the index within 3 days. I think that google is still having a bit of a problem with pagerank but no doubt that too will settle down. All the old cached pages that were appearing in the rankings seem to have gone too. :)

#5 daniel

daniel

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 06:33 AM

I read a similar view on another forum, but there have been some very noticeable changes the last couple of days.

We have had a similar experience, but it seems that the huge upheaval is over, and the changes are less fundamental.

Things are certainly dynamic, and is this something we will be getting used to from now on?

Like Gary said, the old results have finally gone - which has reduced the number of queries from clients about why Google is showin strange results.

The results of changes we made to a site in March are finally evident!! Patience is certainly a virtue... ;)

#6 Mel

Mel

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 09:58 AM

While I like the rankings google is displaying for my pages, and I am seeing some nice fresh updates in Google (pages updated July 28 are now showing in the cache) there remain many old pages that are still in the index despite the new pages at the same URL having been updated and spidered more than a month ago. Hopefully this will change soon.

#7 deborah2002

deborah2002

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 12:12 PM

I for one don't pay any attention to PR. The toolbar has been out of whack for so long I have trained myself not to even bother with it. My site has been doing really well for most (almost all) keywords with a disgusting page rank. I've decided not to care all that much. As long as the business is up and we are found within the top 10 results, life is good.

deb :cheers:

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!