The result of this action is that I've now exceeded the domain's bandwidth limit and have to wait until Feb 1 before the site will be up again (I've tried contacting the host to see if I could get a temporary boost, but it's a one-man operation and he seems to be away).
So, when I try to go to any page on the domain, I get directed to a page (although the location bar still has the URL I've entered) that reads
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.
The thing is, when I try to run a URL from this domain through WebBug, I don't get a server response code of 509. Using HTTP 1.0 I get a 404 (and not my custom 404 page) and with HTTP 1.1 I get a 500.
So my question is whether I'm in danger of losing any rankings (or even having any pages dropped from the index). We went over the bandwidth limit on Monday night, so we're going to be in this state for about a full week.