• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Startupīs And Their Sleepless Nights...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Herbert

Herbert

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 04:39 PM

Hi,

I hav one question to u all:

Is there any recommendation for startups what they should do conc. the īadvertisingī for the upcoming company, i.e. is there an existing list of DOīs and DONTīs for them?

My Example:

1. Start Adwords with max. 5 cent/keyword
2. Start Overture with max. .......
3. Start Espotting .........
4. etc. etc. .......

n-2. Dont start to ......
n-1. Dont start.....
n. Dont......

What could ur xperience tell me/us?

Thx a lot for ur advices.

P.S.: excuse my bad english, but I promise 2 do my best in the future here.... :hmm:

#2 Scottie

Scottie

Psycho Mom

• Admin
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 09:41 PM

Your English is just fine! ;)

I can't say that there are any general rules, it all depends on what the needs of the company are.

If you need immediate exposure, start with PPC and paid inclusion while you work on getting editorial listings. Get a listing in Yahoo. If you have more time than money, skip the paid search and focus on building content and getting links.

No matter what, you want to submit to the free directories when your site is ready to launch. (Do not submit an unfinished site... you are likely to be refused a listing.) GoGuides, JoeAnt, DMOZ, and Gimpsy are good places to start. Then look for any industry or geographic-specific directories that you may want to submit to.

If your site is a pure affiliate site, don't waste your time Submitting to Directories. They won't list it. For an affiliate site to succeed, you must have better content than all the other affiliates out there- a reason for people to buy from you instead of the other guy. Affiliates definitely should consider paid inclusion and PPC.

A link building campaign is a must, regardless of the type of site. See the link building forum for more ideas.

#3 Herbert

Herbert

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 04:31 AM

Fine! thx a lot for ur tips...
So, I will have a look to the [url=http://www.highrankings.com/forum/index.php?showforum=10]link building forum[/url] this evening....

#4 Peter

Peter

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 09 August 2003 - 11:02 PM

Hi Herbert,

Das ist kein probleem, wir verstehen sie gut. (That is no problem, we understand you just fine) ;)

Most important thing for when you start up is to not spend too much on advertising and even more: Do not expect too much of it!!!!!

It is better to put your energy in getting your web site to rank good in the search engines, AND at the same time, to make sure your copy sells!!!! You are better of spending some money on good copy writing than on getting visitors quickly to a web site that can't sell.

Best regards,

Peter

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!